Popular Tags: [View All]
Taed Wynnell
United States
Sunnyvale
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Greed certainly lends itself to some high score bragging. So far, our high score is $240K, which was done by a combination of thugs, holdings, and actions (but I don't remember specifics). I tried an all-thug strategy for $195K and a heavy-holdings for $190K.

What is your high score and how did you accomplish it?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Cody
United States
Columbus
OH
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
only played it 2 times in 2 players but our records were 195 (tied) these were combination of the 3 (I went for holdings and thugs that had abilities in combination with actions) and 215 was in the second game with heavy holdings that comboed well with each other vs. a thug strategy which only got 160.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Taed Wynnell
United States
Sunnyvale
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Played again today. I got $240K by having some thugs who gave money when action cards were played, and then played a bunch of action cards. However, I lost to a fellow who got $270K by having really just 1 holding at the end with a LOT of markers on it (obtained through action cards and whatnot).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eoin Corrigan
Ireland
Wexford
Wexford
flag msg tools
designer
ASL Fanatic
badge
Royal Dublin Fusiliers "Spectamur Agendo"
mbmbmbmbmb
250k or so, scored by a friend who built an all-Thug tableau, i.e. no holdings. One of his thugs scored each time a new thug was added, and he also had a thug which copied this ability, leading to a double pay-off each turn.

Total massacre
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Saloff
United States
Edinboro
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
He's a card player, gambler, scoundrel. You'd like him.
badge
Thank you, to whoever gifted me the Geek Citizenship Recognition badge! You're a pretty cool person, anonymous BGGer!
mbmbmbmbmb
I think my friend:

Thomas McGranor Jr
United States
Erie
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

hit $240k or $250k on Saturday and it was just our third or fourth game of Greed. Was pretty impressive.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian K
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Our highest was 365k. It was done with biscuit o malley and a bunch of holdings.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Kudzma
United States
Millsboro
Delaware
flag msg tools
designer
People are...
badge
SPOCKED!!
mbmbmbmbmb
We had a $295. Sadly it was because I was able to use a combo to get a huge pile of tokens on a holding. Why is that sad? Well, my combo eventually saw me score $190, which was the highest we had seen to date...or would have been if someone wasn't able to put tokens on a holding equal to the player with the most AND that particular holding had each scoring 15k instead of 10. soblue

I have officially learned not to stick my neck out that far. I had seen the card that forces each player to discard a holding go by and prepared for that, but in this case, not so much.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Cody
United States
Columbus
OH
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My brother pulled off a combo to get like 10 markers on one holding and I used that card with the markers equal to the most on opponents holding ability to score 280 total. Otherwise I would have probably lost.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian K
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Necer though we would beat the 365k score but a guy in my group just got a 460 score. It involved using ed rubberface (copies a guy) on the guy that gives you 15k when you play a thug.

Ok, what else? He played the guy which gives you as much money as the player to your left. Well how bad can that be? Turns out I was the player to his left. I had just played master plan and then liquidated my holding with 7 markers (usually a game winning move) giving me 210k. The person to my right got 240k that turn thoug from copying mine and getting a thug. Insanity.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.