Chris
Austria
Graz
Steiermark
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
hilo!

can I forcepush myself?
because the target is a creature 0-2 spaces.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Carroll
United States
Urbana
Illinois
flag msg tools
Soli Deo Gloria!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You absolutely can! Your mage is a creature that is 0 spaces from the caster.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
Austria
Graz
Steiermark
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
spartax wrote:
You absolutely can! Your mage is a creature that is 0 spaces from the caster.

great ty

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ray
United States
Mansfield
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Matthew 10: 29-31
mbmbmbmbmb
You just shouldn't do that in public.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
Austria
Graz
Steiermark
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
rayzor6 wrote:
You just shouldn't do that in public.

what exactly do you mean?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ray
United States
Mansfield
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Matthew 10: 29-31
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry, it was a very bad joke. I regrettedit as soon as iI said it
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan Coolen
Belgium
Brussels
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
rayzor6 wrote:
Sorry, it was a very bad joke. I regrettedit as soon as iI said it

Wasn't that bad.
I kinda chuckled
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ray slover
United States
Elgin
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
to get out of a jam, force pushing and moving twice is better than teleport for a few reasons.

Force push is a level 1 spell, which at most costs 2 spell points when building your book, while Teleport is a level 2 spell which most likely costs 4.

Force push costs 3 mana to cast, where teleport costs anywhere between 3 and 9 mana depending on what you teleport.

Also you can force push your opponent or a creature into a wall and deal 3 dice worth of damage.

And if you force push yourself as a quick action when you activate your mage, pushing yourself one space, then make a double move action, you are now 3 spaces away from where you were and hopefully out of harms way. by doing so you only spent a total of 3 mana to do it, so you will have a minimum of 16 mana to use next turn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Challis
United Kingdom
Hungerford
West Berkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
rmslover wrote:
to get out of a jam, force pushing and moving twice is better than teleport for a few reasons.

Force push is a level 1 spell, which at most costs 2 spell points when building your book, while Teleport is a level 2 spell which most likely costs 4.

Force push costs 3 mana to cast, where teleport costs anywhere between 3 and 9 mana depending on what you teleport.

Also you can force push your opponent or a creature into a wall and deal 3 dice worth of damage.

And if you force push yourself as a quick action when you activate your mage, pushing yourself one space, then make a double move action, you are now 3 spaces away from where you were and hopefully out of harms way. by doing so you only spent a total of 3 mana to do it, so you will have a minimum of 16 mana to use next turn.

Teleport can cost up to 15 btw...

But you are only counting mana and spellbook points, and not opportunity cost of a lost action which is huge! Consider how we gladly pay a lot in mana and spellbook points for an additional casting action...

In reality both Force Push and Teleport should be in every competitive spell book, even at triple cost, and most books should have at least 2, and frequently more.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.