Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brent Spivey
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb

A little something for your Mayhem army construction needs. Armies of Mayhem is now available as 'pay what you want' on Wargame Vault.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Leonard
msg tools
I have installed Battlescribe and downloaded the zip file, but I'm having trouble importing the files into Battlescribe. Sorry but I'm not that knowledgeable with conmputers so could you provide more detailed instructions, with some screen shots?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Leonard
msg tools
House of Games wrote:
I have installed Battlescribe and downloaded the zip file, but I'm having trouble importing the files into Battlescribe. Sorry but I'm not that knowledgeable with conmputers so could you provide more detailed instructions, with some screen shots?

From what I can tell the files from Wargames Vault are not Repository files.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Sack
United States
flag msg tools
mb
And they should be repository files.

Random Eric here.

My bad.

Oversight.

I'll work with Mr. Spivey to correct that in the download.

In the mean time, the quick and dirty version is to create two directories:

C:\Users\\BattleScribe\data\MayhemBattleChest

Put both Mayhem Battle Chest files there

MayhemBattleChest.gstz
MayhemBattleChest.catz

the rest of the files go here:

C:\Users\\BattleScribe\data\Mayhem

is the account you use to log into your windows PC.

Either "Administrator" or you made one up like "bob" or "My PC" or whatever it is.

I'll have the repositories up as soon as we can get 'em there.

Eric D. Sack
Random Encounters
randomeric@randomencounters.net

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Leonard
msg tools
I will wait for the files. Thanks for the quick response.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Spivey
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Alright, Eric has the .bsr files ready, and I've updated the download. Once you get the new files:

1. Open the Roster Editor
2. Click on the 'Manage Data' button
3. Click on the 'Import Data From File...' button
4. Find each file and select it [one at a time] and click 'Open'

After that, you should be ready to start building!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Leonard
msg tools
This is great! I just created a 200 crown list in a few minutes. I did see one error. The Wood Elf chariot is showing d2 for the CQ instead of d12.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Sack
United States
flag msg tools
mb
We thought about the d2 in pre-production but in extensive testing... um... it was WAY too powerful! LOL just kidding.

We'll have that corrected shortly!

Eric D. Sack
Random Encounters

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Spivey
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
House of Games wrote:
This is great!

Right?! Not only does it making creating your army a breeze, but it makes it super easy to introduce the game to new players since all the common rules and unit counters are right there [in the layout view].

Thanks for the heads-up on the chariot. I'm sure there will be a few other things to slip through, but definitely let us know so that we can patch those in the first update.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Leonard
msg tools
Huntsmen are 170 pts.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Leonard
msg tools
High Elf and Dark Elf Chariots cost the same and appear identical except the High Elf has a better CQ.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Sack
United States
flag msg tools
mb
Alan, you are spot on sir!

Huntsmen should be 17 crowns.

The Dark Elf Chariot should be 27 crowns, not 31.

Eric D. Sack
Random Encounters

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Leonard
msg tools

Could Battlescribe be used by players to create their own profiles? I was thinking that certain designations (infantry, behemoth, cavalry, etc.) would be in the entry column, with their associated cost. After a designation is selected it would then be customized with MOV, CQ, BAR, TAG, and the remaining designations (elite, general, hero, etc.).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Sack
United States
flag msg tools
mb
Battlescribe - and Army Builder for that matter - start with the assumption of a pre-set stat block for each unit type.

Mr. Spivey's game design is far out in front of that.

One of the ideas with Armies of Mayhem and Mayhem Battle Chest was to allow fast force construction and put some of the standard forces out there in Mayhem terms.

I think Battlescribe and/or some other army tool will have to add some complexity before your suggestion is easily programmed.

But, there are others I am sure who are more expert with Battlescribe than I am. There might be a way, and I'd love to set that up.

When I have time...

Eric D. Sack
Random Encounters

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Spivey
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
House of Games wrote:

Could Battlescribe be used by players to create their own profiles? I was thinking that certain designations (infantry, behemoth, cavalry, etc.) would be in the entry column, with their associated cost. After a designation is selected it would then be customized with MOV, CQ, BAR, TAG, and the remaining designations (elite, general, hero, etc.).

I think that it 'could' be used to do it. The real issue is how to do it without the interface and underlying permissions/restrictions becoming too unwieldy. I'm continuing to look into that and the possibility of having a builder designed from scratch. Until then, if you have any specific army of unit requests, then don't hesitate to let me know!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Leonard
msg tools
For other armies I would like to see ratmen, ogres, and demons, as I have friends with these models.

As for a builder I created a basic one using pivot tables in excel. It isn't on the level of a professional builder but it greatly simplifies the process.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Spivey
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
House of Games wrote:
For other armies I would like to see ratmen, ogres, and demons, as I have friends with these models.

You've got it! Out of curiosity, do you think that you and your group are more likely to play the unique forces found in the Armies of Mayhem file or the 'stock' units found in the Battle Chest?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Leonard
msg tools
voodooink wrote:
You've got it! Out of curiosity, do you think that you and your group are more likely to play the unique forces found in the Armies of Mayhem file or the 'stock' units found in the Battle Chest?

That is hard to say. I just think it's tough to ask someone to try a new game but then tell them they will have to use their minis as some other fantasy race. I know you can't cover every unit of every race but having something comparable for the typical races will help get new players. I do like the idea of a unique rule or two for each race.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Spivey
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
I do like the idea of a unique rule or two for each race.

Gotcha!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Leonard
msg tools
The Beat Back ability doesn't show up for Treemen.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Spivey
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
If you talking about the Treemen in the pre-designed Armies of Mayhem lists, you aren't supposed to be able to select it. The profile was purposely built without the ability.

In the Battle Chest open builder, it's already included in the profile.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.