Darren Austin
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I ran into the "Deceptive Pheromones" explorer event card which has:

Quote:
Choose any unit; monsters will treat it as explorer this round.

There was only one monster on the board - a Gug, so I chose him. Then a couple more monsters came out, but Gug was in the front of the queue so he went first. Given that it sees itself as an explorer and it is closest to itself, does it attack itself? That's how I played it, and it was kind of funny to see this crazy creature destroy himself. Just wanted to verify this was the correct way to play it.

If this is allowed, then I assume that when you control a monster with the "Dominator" staff that you can command it to attack itself?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefan Schneider
Germany
Stockstadt
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
I would say, it makes the monster appear as an explorer only to other monsters. So it should have been attacked or at least targeted by the other monsters because they thought it was an enemy.
Pheromones don't work on yourself (I think *blush*), so it should still think it is a monster and wouldn't attack itself.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Juraj Bilić
Croatia
Varazdin
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
Quote:
There was only one monster on the board - a Gug, so I chose him. Then a couple more monsters came out, but Gug was in the front of the queue so he went first. Given that it sees itself as an explorer and it is closest to itself, does it attack itself? That's how I played it, and it was kind of funny to see this crazy creature destroy himself. Just wanted to verify this was the correct way to play it.

You said something that must be the guiding factor in this game: 'it was kind of funny to see..' - it was not intended to be played like that, but if you are still learning the game, and are not sure if the idea works? Go for the game experience, check rules later.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.