Hide
2 Posts

Myth» Forums » Rules

Subject: Multiple Playing Questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Luke Knutson
msg tools
I have been playing Myth for a while and I have consulted the rules, FAQs, revised rules, and videos numerous times on things that I don't understand and I have a few questions that would be great to have answered.

My first question is what is the purpose of having cards that are both Action or Reaction (both arrows are red). I understand the rules state that you can play, per Hero Cycle, only one action card and any number of reaction cards (limit 4 cards total). But these cards that are both action/reaction confuse me. Why even have it as a type of card. They say you can play them as either action or reaction. But there seems to be no benefit and only a detriment to playing them as an action. Would there be any reason to consider it an action and thus use up your one allowed action card use for the entire cycle? If there is no reason I do not see why these cards should not simply be reaction cards only.

My second question is about the Apprentice hero. His lucky cup adds to certain cards I believe (I may be mistaken) but it has a symbol of a book and I don't know how to determine which cards its stats are applied to.

And my last thing is has anyone heard of an expansion that adds more level up cards of a higher level yet, cause I want one?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mathue Faulkner
United States
Austin
TX
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Many of the buffs only strengthen "attack actions" or other actions. Those buffs do not strengthen reaction cards...so the player would have to use that card as their only action card in order to gain the benefit.

For your 2nd question, the Apprentice will use his Focus item (with the book symbol) for any of his attacks that don't state "Range: Weapon" on them. The new cards that we just received PDFs for make this a little bit more clear. Here is a thread with a brief summary of this info:
http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1142553/compilation-item-req...

The future expansions will add a lot to future Hero development. Their will be Journeyman and Master(?) classes, as well as different branches of development for the different Heroes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.