Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jon Snow
United States
New York City
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A Russian-American pal just informed me that apparently Mr. Krivenko passed away, relatively young, about a month ago! He saw this on some Russian language discussions. Since K. K. was the general manager of Zvesda, as well as the author of the Art of Tactic rules, I'm now wondering how this will affect the production of any Samurai Battles expansion that may have been planned for the Essen show next September. If anyone has heard anything, please let us know.

My sympathies go out to his family and anyone who knew him.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
StevenE Smooth Sailing...
United States
Torrance
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow... that is really unfortunate.
Condolences to the Krivenko family and Zvezda.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Rewoldt
United States
Loveland
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I still have yet to get a good look & play with Art of Tactic rules - and am intrigued by the upcoming naval battle game, The Ships: Armada Invincible that uses that rule set. Sad to hear.

Here's something I found after doing a quick google search:

RIP Konstantin Krivenko
Founder, Owner Zvezda
Published: 07/14/2014 01:43pm

Konstantin Krivenko, founder and owner of Russian board game and model kit company Zvezda LLC, passed away suddenly on July 5th from a very virulent lung infection.
Krivenko founded the company on July 1, 1990, and grew the company into Russia’s largest manufacturer of model kits and board games, which now employs more than 200 people. In 2002, Zvezda became the first Russian company to exhibit at the GAMA Trade Show, and also became an exhibitor at the International Spiel Toy Fair in Essen, Germany. Zvezda is well known in the US for its Origins Award-nominated “Art of Tactic” game system designed by Krivenko (see “‘The Ships: Armada Invincible’“). Zvezda recently won an Origins Award for Best Historical Board Game for Samurai Battles (see “‘Samurai Battles’–Two Games in One Box“). The company also recently released Disney /Pixar licensed models and a racing game for Cars and Planes (see “Zvezda–Disney’s ‘Cars’ and ‘Planes’“).
“It was mainly Konstantin’s devotion, focus and personal motivation that has driven our company to the high international esteem within the hobby and game markets,” read a company statement. “It is his example that will inspire us to achieve his dreams for the future. We assure you that thanks to his foresight we have the means and destination to continue the future development of our company.”
Krivenko is survived by his wife Maria, and his children Vasilisa and Alexander.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Customer Service
msg tools
publisher
mb
Thank you all for your condolences. Konstantin was a truly great guy and he will be really missed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Read the rulebook, plan for all contingencies, and…read the rulebook again.
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
How very sad! Art of Tactic is a remarkable orders-based game system and I hope we see more games using it in the future. Their models are top-notch and are wonders of miniature detail.

Konstantin sounds like he was one of those rare individuals who had a lot of plans for the future with the drive and determination to see them through. I'm sorry to hear he passed so soon.

My condolences to his family and the Zvezda team!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Kling
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
He sounds like a great guy and made some cool games.

Is the plan to continue on with his vision and direction for the company?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Customer Service
msg tools
publisher
mb
Thank you. Yes, he was.

We do intend to maintain his vision for the company and its game lines. Konstantin's hand-picked team of game developers are still on-board, and we will continue to produce games that we believe would make him proud.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Kling
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you for the response. I am sure the loyal customers and fans of Zvezda appreciate hearing that.

My condolences. I never met Konstantin but wanted to do so at an upcoming con.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.