Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Paul Gelder
United Kingdom
Leeds
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If during a Close assault. The 'to hit' roll is an 18. Are all 3 dice doubled? Only one dice? Or none?

The close assault is a special attack and may or may not class the 1D10 as an intensity attack? Not sure. Anyone?

Thanks in advance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Logs
United States
Wilmington
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think the FAQ said the highest single roll gets doubled. Hope you haven't been waiting for an answer to keep playing

Side point, I don't understand why this game appears to be in BGG limbo of visibility, feels like a ghost town ...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Liljequist
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Gary,
Have a question in regards to the Assualt..
When playing without the map expansion and conducting the assault. Does the tank get a free (Op Fire) attack at the infantry guys before you do your attack?? Or, is that just in the map expansion version.
Its a little confusing in the recent rules Byron put out, because he mentions about if any of the units should be taken out of the equation(thus leaving less then the 3 units required)...the attack would not take place. Unless he is just mentioning incase you are doing the attack and DIDNT have initiative...which case you wouldn't have gone first and likely could have gotten someone knocked off. Just asking....sorry if sounds stupid...lol
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Logs
United States
Wilmington
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
k9mike wrote:
Gary,
Have a question in regards to the Assualt..
When playing without the map expansion and conducting the assault. Does the tank get a free (Op Fire) attack at the infantry guys before you do your attack?? Or, is that just in the map expansion version.
Its a little confusing in the recent rules Byron put out, because he mentions about if any of the units should be taken out of the equation(thus leaving less then the 3 units required)...the attack would not take place. Unless he is just mentioning incase you are doing the attack and DIDNT have initiative...which case you wouldn't have gone first and likely could have gotten someone knocked off. Just asking....sorry if sounds stupid...lol

The initiative and alternating sequence of attacks may allow the elimination of one of the 3 assault units before they get their assault attack in. Would be a target priority decision for the defender among all the other threats.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Liljequist
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Gary...Looks like we should have the game coming soon now...cant wait to play.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Logs
United States
Wilmington
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
By the way, we are actually in the month of Gary now

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Liljequist
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Lol....I guess YOU will be the one to get the B-Day Present this month...
Take Care Gary...have good one
Mike

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Logs
United States
Wilmington
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, this has always been my clutch new game window for the year. I had a banner pre-order showing this year: Father's Day in Jun (got Tiger Leader) and Anniversary/Birthday in July (Empire of the Sun and SP43 EF with HWE, VE, plus counter/deck add-ons). I'm floating for Christmas (Churchill or Naval Battles I think)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.