6 Posts

Kanban: Driver's Edition» Forums » Rules

Subject: Is that illegal? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
James Chan
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If I pick a 2nd space in logistic dept. , I have three shifts to use , and I also have already got two books in previous turn, now I use up one shift to play a order card as my first action ,it let me add cube parts to the warehouse and take a shift tile which will save one shift to my bank after the end of my turn, , and I have two shift left from the action space i pick, I do want to train up in this department as fast as possible so I use the two shifts I have not used to push up this training track from zero space to second space of it. Is this right? And then I use one of my five bank shifts to extra one push up the training track to space three (thanks to the maximum four shift limit I can use), so that I am now certified from this department, and before my turn end, I also use those two books I already have for study the training track two more space so that I will end up at space five from zero just in one turn! Now I have a red seat benefit and a reward tile choosing opportunity in my hand from those three reward tile at the top of this training track.
Is this move legal?

Or another example I can move my turn like this: I pick the 2nd space of logistic dept. all three shifts I will use to push the training track from zero to space three , now I certified to use 'take a voucher' action , I use one of my five bank shift to use extra one shift to immediately take a voucher , is this possible for suffer from the certificated ability immediately?

Or I have nothing want to do after picking the 2nd space of logistic dept. It just for blocking my opponents to go in, so I pass and save all the three shifts to my shift bank. is this possible too?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Morse
United States
Powell
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, your first turn is legal. One of the interesting balancing acts in the game is training versus "real" actions.

All benefits come at the end of the turn, so while I can't answer the second scenario officially, I would guess that you can't certify partway through your turn, and then use the certification benefits for the rest of the turn.

I don't believe you can "waste" your shifts to bank them; you generally want to do far more than you can anyway, so it never occurred to me to try it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Incao
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Buy Stronghold Games
mbmbmbmbmb
James Warren wrote:
Or another example I can move my turn like this: I pick the 2nd space of logistic dept. all three shifts I will use to push the training track from zero to space three , now I certified to use 'take a voucher' action , I use one of my five bank shift to use extra one shift to immediately take a voucher , is this possible for suffer from the certificated ability immediately

You may use the certification bonus on the same turn it is earned

James Warren wrote:
Or I have nothing want to do after picking the 2nd space of logistic dept. It just for blocking my opponents to go in, so I pass and save all the three shifts to my shift bank. is this possible too?

You may NOT bank unused shifts. Use them or lose them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Chan
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh, i see, u cannot save all the shift you gain in action space, so I will always push them up to the training track if I have any shift left.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vital Lacerda
Portugal
Oeiras
flag msg tools
designer
badge
2010 - Vinhos, 2012 - CO2, 2014 - kanban, 2015 - The Gallerist, 2016 - Vinhos Deluxe, 2017 - Lisboa, 2018 - Escape Plan, CO2 Second Chance and Dragon Keepers - Maybe: 2019 - ROTW Portugal and On Mars, 2020 - Kanban Deluxe Edition, Mercato
mbmbmbmbmb
Just to confirm my fellow geeks answers:

Your first example is totally legal and well done.
You are an 'expert' in logistics now. You did the 15 hours expert training all in the same day. Don't forget to get the benefit earned by getting the certification. (advancing your mini-meeple in cert track).

Your second example is also legal, you certification advantage can be used in the same turn. But you can only use the Voucher Part taken in the next day.

Your third move is illegal, since you cannot banked your normal shifts. Legal Banked shifts have a green arrow next to the symbol.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Chan
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Really thanks for vital, I almost clear about every details and the different situation would come across before the first game with a real copy.laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.