14 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » General Gaming

Subject: Cloth tile bags rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Twisk of the Blue Feathers
United States
flag msg tools
My name is Twisker, and I am a baby parrotlet.
badge
For no discernible reason, I like hanging trapeze-like in towel folds.
mbmbmbmbmb
Does anyone know of a good type of brick and mortar store to buy little cloth drawstring bags in? Like the kind you would use to put tiles in and draw them from?

I have gotten one or two inside a game, but some games don't come with one, or it is too small and I would like to get a bigger one. I don't recall ever seeing bags like this for sale anywhere - I have seen dice bags, but they tend to be expensive and often very small. Surely there is a good non-gaming store to buy simple cloth bags from?

I found some online but the shipping would cost several times the cost of the bag. Would like to find a brick and mortar store that would carry this type of thing.

Thanks for any recommendations!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jake Smith
United States
Seattle
WA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't know if these are big enough for your purposes, but I have used them in a number of games and they work well.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B004XDBSEW?cache=667dc0f384405...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
RCH RCH
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Class of 2004
badge
It's not Jackie Chan!
mbmbmbmbmb
I just drink Crown Royal. Problem solved. I think you can pick up lots of Crown Royal bags on ebay for fairly cheap if you don't like whiskey.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew Davidson
United States
Bennington
Vermont
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Crown Royal bags (mentioned above) come in a couple different sizes, so make sure to get both. I bought from ebay in bulk and saved on shipping. They make great gifts for your gaming friends!

For a super-size bag, you can find bags that came with gift bottles of wine. I found one at a thrift shop for a $1.

Or, just buy a gift bottle of wine, give away the wine and keep the bag!

Good luck!
Drew
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
From our nearby "Big 5" sports store here, then I've obtained 'cloth/material sunglasses' containers, with drawstrings mainly, and as long that they were large enough for your uses.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julian Vickers
New Zealand
flag msg tools
mb
I'm also interested in this. In particular, I'd like to get some in different colours. The Castles of Burgundy would be a lot easier to set up and play if you could draw coloured tiles from a bag, rather than having to lay them all face down.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Likos
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I too have been interested in getting my mitts on some bags....

Then my wife was teaching my daughter to sew on the sewing machine, and I had them crank out a few drawstring bags for me...my choice of color, atleast of the material she had lying around. They are far from perfect, but they are great.

I think what I am saying...is that they are pretty easy to craft.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Most board game stores carry dice bags, which are small draw string bags. I'm sure that you could order them if they you don't have any. My store has small ones in a variety of colors for around $2 each.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr. Blue
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
theintangiblefatman wrote:
I don't know if these are big enough for your purposes, but I have used them in a number of games and they work well.

This. I use these for Castles of Burgundy, and they work great.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chuck Harrison
United States
Beavercreek
OH
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mrblueesq wrote:

This. I use these for Castles of Burgundy, and they work great.

They're excellent. You get a different color bag that matches each of the different four tile types that needs to be randomized, a fifth color for the trade goods, and the rest of the game fits in a counter tray.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Amanda Hagee
United States
Conrad
Montana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Brick and mortar stores that carry small drawstring bags: hobby and craft type places, especially those that carry jewelry supplies.
I'd suggest looking for a Jo-Ann's, or Michael's.
For RSP reasons, I can not personally recommend Hobby Lobby, but that store exists too. Depending on where you are there may also be Garden Ridge, or Big 5 that will have little bags.

Since these store cater to people who use base materials to craft with other medium, but hey might be mostly plain, but if they are cotton, you can also pick up a box of fabric dyes and change the color easily. Tulip has boxes for re-use that is marketed to non-crafty people, so it is well instructed.

Alternatively, go the home crafted route and find a person with a sewing machine. You can buy small cuts of fabric called fat quarters, which are 18" by 21" at Jo-Ann's (or even Wal-Mart) plus some ribbon for drawstrings and then you can have bags exactly like you want them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J M
United States
Scottdale
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

I have these, and after a while, I've noticed that they have started coming apart at the seams.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Twisk of the Blue Feathers
United States
flag msg tools
My name is Twisker, and I am a baby parrotlet.
badge
For no discernible reason, I like hanging trapeze-like in towel folds.
mbmbmbmbmb
I just checked the Michael's online site, and they don't seem to have any bags like this, except real small ones (4" by 3"). It's a good idea though, I will check out some craft stores in person.

The ideal product seems to be this:

http://www.containerstore.com/shop/giftPackaging/giftSacks?p...

I am hoping there was some sort of container store around here in physical form. If not, I may have to bite the bullet and order some online, and pay shipping.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bethany Dubeck
United States
Everett
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We bought some of these to hold our wow the board game minis for a while.

http://www.amazon.com/Tie-dyed-Drawstring-Tote-Bags-Dz/dp/B0...

A different color bag for each color of 'army'.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.