Hide
3 Posts

Castaways» Forums » Rules

Subject: Crate Remains and Lost Castaways rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
R P
msg tools
If some castaways are lost and a crate of ship remains is opened at camp, do the lost castaways still get to take their pick of an item from the crate?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Stables
Australia
Lawson
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mmm, interesting question and there doesn't seem to be a firm answer on how you deal with distributing cards when some of the group thematically are not present in the camp. As each crate contains 5 items on opening, if some items are perishable they should be discarded if not chosen by someone in camp, otherwise (thematically) I don't see why they can't be kept for the returning player(s); I guess it gives them more incentive to get back for the advantage(s) and not delay their use. However if it seems as though it makes the game less challenging by allowing the lost castaways some items on their return to camp, I would only allow those in camp to choose one card each in camp and discard the rest.

Nick

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
S Pul
Netherlands
Leiden
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
According the rules, lost players still can choose one of the "remains cards". Thematic interpretation: it seems that the remainders of the ship ended up somehow, somewhere on the island... Just my own ideas...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.