Total (47)

U.S.S. Excelsior (26)
Flagship: Independent (Romulan) (10)
James T. Kirk (5)
Kathryn Janeway (5)
Christopher Hobson (4)
Dmitri Valtane (3)
Total (53)

Use counterattack die and add Admiral Kirk.

Fleet total: 100

Generated by Space Dock for iOS
http://spacedockapp.org

My first game was against a near mirror image build. As I recall he had Voyager, the Excelsior, and the Reinforcement sideboard. Here was the problem though, he was cleverer than me. By means of the sideboard, he had one more captain than I did and he won the captain's battle. Darn.

With my captains dead, he eventually killed my D and ran to time. 1 loss.

Second game was against the Dominion. Two attack ships and one battlecruiser. He had an admiral and three captains. Again I was outnumbered. However, I did have a 9/8/8 and I rolled MUCH better and had a slight raw materials advantage. I actually won the captains battle, but with only 1 captain left alive.

I placed one of the attack ships in a corner and managed to kill it with my ships. I then managed to get the other attack ship before time ran out. 1 Win, 1 Loss. But not that many points. First because I only had one live captain, and second because the attack ships were low points.

Third game against the Klingons, the Neg'Var, the Mak'Ta, and the Gr'oth with a Klingon flagship (so it could cloak). We both concentrated on resources and got a lot of them. I managed to win the captains battle 3 captains to 3. I still lost the admiral though. Then I set up the D7 (I was afraid I couldn't kill the Vor'Cha) and killed it. Couldn't kill the other ships but I was doing pretty well when the game ended.

2 Wins, 1 loss, but I still came in third on points.

Lessons learned --
Hard to beat 4 captains with 3. Didn't think of using the Reinforcement Sideboard to get another captain into the game.
Forget to use my +1 from the flagship for the Enterprise -- the pressure causes me to overlook some things.
Forget to drop the mines in the first game even though I had the opportunity.
With 2 ships, I was able to keep up with the Klingon firepower though all those dice do hurt.

On the whole good learning experience.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leigh Caple
United Kingdom
Nottingham
Notts.
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
How did he use the sideboard to get a new captain in play? Pretty sure you can only swap captains or replace permanently removed captains. Did he send a captain in DURING the planet battle?

STAW:Reinforcement Sideboard

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.