7 Posts

Kanzume Goddess» Forums » Rules

Subject: Aquarius and valkyrie rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Cameron Wudrich
Canada
flag msg tools
Ok so me and my friends always argue about this. If I send disciples and I'm playing as valkyrie does that mean if I use the effect to keep them in my discard pile since they were not PUT into the netherworld that I no longer get the extra draws from Aquarius???

AQUARIUS "choose any number of cards in your hand and PUT them into the Netherworld. Draw 2 cards for each card PUT into the netherworld in this way."

VALKYRIE "whenever your disciple card would be put into the netherworld, you may activate this ability. If you do put that card into your discard pile instead."

Btw can I get multiple people's responses just for the fact that my friends want more then one persons response and if you can give a detailed reasoning why it works or doesnt

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Reasoner
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
You can both move them to your discard pile and draw the cards. You get to have your cake and eat it too.

< - The guy who wrote all the English text.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cameron Wudrich
Canada
flag msg tools
Thank you i emailed the Englishwebsite about this question a week ago and got no answers glad that I got a reply so fast here. Mind if I message you if any other ruling issues I come across??

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Reasoner
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
You may. But note that I'm not longer official. (I moved on to form another publishing company) And I may be slow to respond.

Glad you're enjoying Kanzume.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cameron Wudrich
Canada
flag msg tools
So I finally got an answer from the official website and they claim that you will not get the draws from Aquarius when using the valkyrie effect because the disciples do not actually go to the netherworld just for anyone that comes across this and believe me it hurts to find out that valkyrie is useless to play now since it does not work with sacrid guardians either

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tala Mare
msg tools
mb
OnlyForSoLong wrote:
So I finally got an answer from the official website and they claim that you will not get the draws from Aquarius when using the valkyrie effect because the disciples do not actually go to the netherworld just for anyone that comes across this and believe me it hurts to find out that valkyrie is useless to play now since it does not work with sacrid guardians either

Honestly with most emails to companies like this, depending on how you word it will give you completely different answers.

ereasoner and your original assumption are correct.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cameron Wudrich
Canada
flag msg tools
I think it would have been a lot better to say in valkyries effect "If your Diciples are set to the Netherworld by a card effect, you may return them to the discard pile." Because the way the wording is now counter acts with both effects of Aquarius and Sacrid Guardians.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.