GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
10,471 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
13 Days Left

Support:

Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
8 Posts

Zombicide» Forums » Rules

Subject: Sewer Spawn rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Major Annoyance
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmb
Hi,

Apologies if this has already been covered but its to hard to decipher the search results on this site.

When spawning on sewers, given this picture example;

Okay, a sewer spawn card is drawn for walkers, do I place a zombie on the sewer on tile 2P or not?

We do because there is a survivor in the tower in the center tile. The reasoning for this is that the street zone to the left of the tower covers 4 physical tiles creating 1 street zone and therefore includes the street zone on tile 2P which has the sewer. (also a zombie on the top street zone of tile 1P etc etc).

OR do other people play it as only putting zombies on sewers on a physical tile that has a physical survivor on it? In this case, how do you play it if you just placed your miniature on the crack between 2 physical tiles?

Hope thats clear enough but please don't blast me for not reading the rule book, I have, its just that I don't understand exactly how they mean and I know there are many ways to play this game

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick S
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1p and 2p do not spawn from sewers.

You spawn sewers on every tile that has a survivor on it.

Raoul and Amy would make the other six tiles spawn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Major Annoyance
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmb
bigblock75 wrote:
1p and 2p do not spawn from sewers.

You spawn sewers on every tile that has a survivor on it.

Raoul and Amy would make the other six tiles spawn.

So your saying when we move our survivors we should position them on the street sections without sewer points so they don't spawn even though a sewer is in the same 'street zone'? Exactly what does it mean by tile, a physical tile or every tile connect by a common zone?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick S
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
When a sewer spawn is revealed you spawn the indicated number of zombies, on the sewer zone of every tile that has a survivor on it.

Amy in the tower is occupying two tiles, raoul is in the street zone that occupies four tiles.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Nolin
Japan
Nakamachi, Hiroshima
Hiroshima-ken
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Xie79 wrote:
We do because there is a survivor in the tower in the center tile. The reasoning for this is that the street zone to the left of the tower...

To the left..? That should tell you why it doesn't spawn. If the survivor was standing to the left of the tower, then she would be in the intersection of 4 tiles and 4 tiles would spawn, but being in the tower, puts her space on only two tiles.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Major Annoyance
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmb
longagoigo wrote:
Xie79 wrote:
We do because there is a survivor in the tower in the center tile. The reasoning for this is that the street zone to the left of the tower...

To the left..? That should tell you why it doesn't spawn. If the survivor was standing to the left of the tower, then she would be in the intersection of 4 tiles and 4 tiles would spawn, but being in the tower, puts her space on only two tiles.

So your saying they only spawn on the physical tiles? regardless of if the 'zone' covers more then 2 tiles? Sorry for being a pain but this is exactly what i'm trying to clarify. If a survivor is placed and a bit of his round circle miniature bottom touches four separate tiles does that count as four tiles? Do you know what I mean? Is it tiles based on what the zone touches or based solely on where I happen to place my miniature in the zone and how many 'tiles' it touches??

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Angelus Seniores
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
when spawning on sewer manholes the best way to go about it is to check per survivor the zone they are standing in.
if their current zone spans 1 tile you only add zombies on that tile.
if the zone spans 2 tiles you place zombies on those 2 tiles
if the zone spans over 4 tiles, you place zombies on those 4 tiles
(though you only place zombies once per manhole on the affected tiles regardless of how many survivors stand on the tile)

other zones of the tiles are not checked for this purpose, so in your example, the 4-tile zone that is part of the tile with the tower doesnt affect anything as there is no survivor in it. only the tower zone itself with the survivor affects it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Cocquyt
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
mbmb
For anyone still confused, here is the breakdown by tile and zone. Only occupied zones count and they count for all tiles that make them up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.