Popular Tags: [View All]
Jose Jesus
Chile
San Cristobal
Santiago
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I need your kind help, Geeks.

I believe I'm reading divergent information from "Variants v2" and Dathkadan ruling about mining colonies.

The question is: Do I need to occupy the asteroid to build the minig colony there? Or Do I just have to be present in the system where the mining colony is going to be built at its empty asteroid?

I believe this could affect the possibility of getting or not the 10% comission from buying the mining colony deed from a Spaceport.

PD: English isn't my native tongue, so let me know if I succeeded in making myself clear.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Slev Sleddeddan
United Kingdom
Victoria Park
Manchester
flag msg tools
What part of "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn" don't you understand?
badge
Don't you open that trapdoor!
mbmbmbmbmb
You're buying a deed, thus you need to be at the city or a space port of that culture.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jose Jesus
Chile
San Cristobal
Santiago
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah! Of course I'm buying a deed... My silly question!

Thanks a lot

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Wood
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Interesting - we've just played our first game with mines and we misunderstood it - we thought you went to the asteroid. In my head you were setting up your miners there, but of course that doesn't make logical sense, particularly if you do it with a full-hold scout!

Having said that, I talked to my family and we all prefer it if you go to the asteroid, put your counter down, and pick up the deed. There were times for both my wife and I (though not the others) when we weren't able to get anywhere we wanted to go but could make it to an asteroid, and decided to set up a mine instead. That's a positive benefit, a consolation prize; and the fact that in other circumstances you have to make an extra stop prevents mine-buying being a no-brainer in long games (which we tend to play). Between a third and a half of the mines were bought in our game, which to me indicates the balance can't be too far off.

Thoughts?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jose Jesus
Chile
San Cristobal
Santiago
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
By the time I asked the question, I didn't play my first game. Now, we've played around 4 matches and happened exactly what you just said. Buying the colony from a city or port is too easy, a no-brainer. It would be a little harder if we had to go to the asteroid and land there. I'll consider your in-house rule, sounds interesting.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.