Hide
6 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Board Game Design » Works in Progress

Subject: [WIP] Co-op Dice Rolling Game rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Drew NA
msg tools
Hi guys! I've created a dice-rolling cooperative game. Players play as mechs to destroy an enemy NPC robot in a 4v1 boss-style fight. The game plays best with 4, but can be played with 2-4 players, and takes about 15-30 minutes to play.

There are different mechs that fill different roles within the team so players can choose a mech that fits their play style or they can constantly change what mech they play as for added replay ability. There are multiple different robots to play against for added replay ability as well.

As stated, the game is a dice-rolling game, however, there are other components to the game such as character sheets and tokens. There are 3 different types of custom dice. These dice help unlock unique abilities for the turn and help determine how much damage a player does. There are 3 different types of actions that can be taken, each type of action with different probabilities of success, and each of the types of actions has multiple options if successful. Weighing the probability of these actions and the possible strength of each action is where a lot of the strategy comes in.

One of the mechanics of this game that makes the game what it is, is what I call "Team Action Management". The Team Action Management mechanic is where one of the types of actions a player can make is a team ability. There are multiple different team abilities, and the team is limited to just one. So, if Player 1 goes and chooses to use Team Ability A (out of A, B, and C), Players 2, 3, and 4 won't be able to use either Team Ability A, B, or C for the rest of that turn.

If you have any questions, comments, concerns, or suggestions please let me know. I love feedback.
-Drew
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benj Davis
Australia
Summer Hill
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Okay, so it's kind of got an element of role selection, that is kind of interesting. What kind of feedback are you hoping for?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew NA
msg tools
I'm not hoping for any feedback in particular. One point of this thread is to raise awareness of what I'm working on. I just wanted to make sure people knew I was open to suggestions, criticism, compliments, etc. if they had any. If nobody has any feedback then that is fine, too.
-Drew

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew NA
msg tools
UPDATE: I am about to bring my working prototype into blind testing. Any suggestions on how many different blind testers I should get before feeling satisfied? Also, I've had a lot of interest for people wanting to blind test over the Internet, so how do custom dice games usually do testing over the Internet without physical copies? The only answer I can think of is to have a table, but that would hurt the pace of the game quite a bit.
-Drew

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benj Davis
Australia
Summer Hill
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
drew_d2 wrote:
UPDATE: I am about to bring my working prototype into blind testing. Any suggestions on how many different blind testers I should get before feeling satisfied? Also, I've had a lot of interest for people wanting to blind test over the Internet, so how do custom dice games usually do testing over the Internet without physical copies? The only answer I can think of is to have a table, but that would hurt the pace of the game quite a bit.
-Drew

A table or stickers to put on regular dice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew NA
msg tools
UPDATE: Blind testing has officially started!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.