Subject: ZOC and Weak Point questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jeffrey Mumie
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I played this game for the first time yesterday and have the following questions:

1) An activated unit was going to move and assault an enemy position, however there were two enemy units side by side. If my unit moves straight ahead he will enter both of the enemy units ZOC. If he assaults the unit right in front of him he will be passing through the ZOC of the enemy unit that is adjacent to the unit being assaulted. So is this assault possible? Or does the adjacent enemy unit prevent assaults from that direction due to the ZOC rules?

2) When assaulting can you assault an enemy unit that is diagonal to your own?

3) The card "Weak Point" (I believe that is the name of the card) allows you to use a weaker defense value of the heavy vehicle you are attacking. Does this mean that if you are in front of a tank attacking the front of a tank with a front armor value of 9, but has side armor of 7 and rear armor of 6, you use the lowest armor value of 6 for this attack?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Stewart
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
Matthews & Moorcock Magnificent Magicians of the Multiverse
mbmbmbmbmb
1) There's a line in the v1.1 (?) rules available to download from the DPG site added in the Assault rules referring to ZoC NOT affecting Assault.

2) Nothing I can see that would prevent diagonal Assault.

3) Not sure on this one yet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Watson
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
TheMummy wrote:

3) The card "Weak Point" (I believe that is the name of the card) allows you to use a weaker defense value of the heavy vehicle you are attacking. Does this mean that if you are in front of a tank attacking the front of a tank with a front armor value of 9, but has side armor of 7 and rear armor of 6, you use the lowest armor value of 6 for this attack?

Yep. The shot is worked out as if you'd hit the weakest armour on the vehicle.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.