Subject: G.I Joe Custom expansion rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
aaron Haycraft

Louisville
Kentucky
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So, I have a lot of fun making my own cards for Legendary (See my previous sets with the TMNT, Masters of the Universe, Ghostbusters, Robocop, and more). I have had a lot of people show interest in a G.I. Joe set, so here we are.

This one ended up being harder than I thought it was going to be. I tried to add a couple of twists in gameplay without adding any rules or Keywords (almost too many as it is). Plus there were just ssoooo many characters. The result is a set with 8 Heroes, 3 Henchmen groups, 4 Villain groups, and 3 Mastreminds. This is the largest set I have tackled, and any feedback/comments are welcome. I apoligize ahead of time if this thread takes a while to load I have a feeling this is one I will revisit and add to later on down the road.

If anyone is interested, here is a link to the Imgur album.
http://imgur.com/a/cCH1e

First up, the Heroes.

And now for the Villains!
First, the Henchmen (I loved the BATS toy growing up and had, like, 5).

Now, the Villains themselves. (Before you ask, I included Big Boa and Croc Master becuaue I loved their figures growing up because I am old.)

And the Masterminds. I pretty much tried to make them like difficulty settings - easy (Zartan), medium (Cobra Commander) and hard (Serpentor).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Briggs
United States
Farmington
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is there a possibility of getting a zip of rar file vs saving each image?

Thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sandman
United States
Lancaster
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I love it. GI Joe and Marvel are my two passions. I will definitely be trying this out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomer Mlynarsky
Israel
flag msg tools
Love what you did.

But quick question, isn't Destro sort of pointless?

I mean if I can hit him and the mastermind in the same turn, why wouldn't I just attack the mastermind first before he gets a +2?

Maybe add a limitation that you can't attack the mastermind while he is in play?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
W
O
W
!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
aaron Haycraft

Louisville
Kentucky
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
GrandMasterFox wrote:
Love what you did.

But quick question, isn't Destro sort of pointless?

I mean if I can hit him and the mastermind in the same turn, why wouldn't I just attack the mastermind first before he gets a +2?

Maybe add a limitation that you can't attack the mastermind while he is in play?

Good point. I'll change him up a little later.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wesley Fechter
Netherlands
De Goorn
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Another great expansion Aaron! I had the TMNT and the Masters of the Universe expansions printed at printerstudio and have a great time playing them.

This one will be in the next order :-)

enigmahfc wrote:
So, I have a lot of fun making my own cards for Legendary (See my previous sets with the TMNT, Masters of the Universe, Ghostbusters, Robocop, and more). I have had a lot of people show interest in a G.I. Joe set, so here we are.

Don't forget the people who love the Buffy the Vampire Slayer Universe ;-)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Wickstrom
msg tools
mb
This is some first rate work. I too have printed your previous custom cards. They are fun, well balanced, and well crafted.

If looking for your next project look into this forum. Super Smash Bros!
http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1162784/super-smash-bros-cus...

Could use your help with the card creation.

I will be printing these G.I. Joes as soon as possible.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mark mcclain
United States
columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
you sir are a god and i would gladly let you do butt stuff to me for all your work here...any chance of throwing up a drop box link with the copies you use for printerstudio? every time i think i'm done with customs i come here and find a nugget from my childhood that you drop on us,all thats left for me is transformers and i swear to god i am done printing customs lol
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan M.

Tucson
Arizona
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you so much for these!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
aaron Haycraft

Louisville
Kentucky
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mimiccwb wrote:
you sir are a god and i would gladly let you do butt stuff to me for all your work here...any chance of throwing up a drop box link with the copies you use for printerstudio? every time i think i'm done with customs i come here and find a nugget from my childhood that you drop on us,all thats left for me is transformers and i swear to god i am done printing customs lol

I plan on putting a dropbox or whatever link up soon probably in the files section) when I get the printstudio files done with. probably be a week or two though, since programming classes are taking a lot of my time.

And please keep the butt stuff.

Also, for the Destro card, how does this sound:
Keep the ambush effect.
fight: as long as Destro is in The City, the Mastermind gets +2 ATK.

I'm open for suggestions. Not just with Destro, but with any card if someone has any ideas.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johnny Best
United States
California
flag msg tools
These are excellent. Do you have any schemes for these?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
alexander macleay
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
Hey, these are really great! You make fun cards . I am working on adding a all of them to the vassal engine's legendary interface. I realized I didn't ask permission from you before I began this however! I apologize. It is pretty far from completion due to a problem with the cards eating up a tremendous amount of memory (like 10mb per card) , which would apparently is apparently all string . So, I'm rehauling the original program and strongly considering restarting with unity. However, If I should finish it in the future would it be ok if I put your cards up for download? Not for profit or anything. I would of course give credit to you and others for the work.

I look forward to your next expansion. I bought the core game because I saw your motu and tmnt expansion. I am working on a few expansions which hopefully I will finish at some point (mortal kombat, capcom , tom strong big trouble little china, and Bravestarr ).

Ps: are you working on a new series ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Wickstrom
msg tools
mb
Any interest in making starter cards, "trooper" and "agent" cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Dynamo
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's some starter cards I put together for the Joe Team:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Janet Gatz

Illinois
msg tools
This...this is amazing.

I look at the list of heroes you set up and can't think of who you should have there instead. All great choices. Hell, if you decide to do other expansions, you could take the themes based on the different waves from the toy lines. For example, you (the general use of the word you, not you personally) could do a "Original Team" Expansion with the characters in the 1982 toy series; Rock n' Roll, Scarlet, Grunt, Snake Eyes, Breaker, Flash, Stalker, Short Fuse, Zap, Clutch, Steeler, and Hawk, and separate the cobra mooks to both of Cobra Grunt and Cobra Officer. Possible even do a new Cobra Commander mastermind.

If you think about it, each of the different types of Cobra soldier could be their own card if you think about it. G.I. Joe could actually be it's own legendary game instead of an expansion for someone with enough free time. Not to mention all the crazy sci-fi stuff that was in the cartoon show.

Sorry for the rambling, but I just saw this and it got me really excited for all the possibilities.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scot Stacey
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
Did anyone ever make schemes? I printed these as well as Slaughters Marauders plus a new pet side kick but I could use some schemes. I will start with some of the base games. Also, what are the rules for Snake Eyes?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.