3 Posts

3012» Forums » Rules

Subject: 2 player Ally/Weapon discard and replenish rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rob Sanderson

New Mexico
msg tools

It seems like Allies and Weapons are only replenished when they're bought, and not every turn, as they're not in the field of play.

For a 2 player game, this seems to end up with very unbalanced games if one player gets all of their ally/weapon combos coming up and the other doesn't. (And the action that reshuffles doesn't come up)

A couple of suggested house rules for 2 players to help:
* You can pay 1 gold token to put an ally or weapon in play on the bottom of the deck.
* Reveal the allies and weapons before heros, the first player chooses their hero but does not get a gold token. The second player chooses and gets the gold.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donny Behne
United States
Fate
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
www.punchboardmedia.com/geaux-gaming/
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Unfortunately, this is a game you'll need to house rule a lot. It just isn't a good design. It was one of the first games I ever bought but I realized pretty quickly it isn't that good. I'd suggest doing a one card cycle every turn. Move the top (or bottom, whichever is farthest from the deck) off to a discard, slide the remaining cards down and refill the spot. Just make it free. If you want more flexibility, a player can pay 3 coins to clear the entire column of one or the other and immediately refresh. It needs to be expensive so a player won't just burn a single coin to screw over their opponent.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Brown
United States
Fort Wayne
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
There is no reason to have two A's at the beginning of aardvark. I simply won't do it.
mbmbmbmbmb
kelann08 wrote:
Unfortunately, this is a game you'll need to house rule a lot. It just isn't a good design. It was one of the first games I ever bought but I realized pretty quickly it isn't that good. I'd suggest doing a one card cycle every turn. Move the top (or bottom, whichever is farthest from the deck) off to a discard, slide the remaining cards down and refill the spot. Just make it free. If you want more flexibility, a player can pay 3 coins to clear the entire column of one or the other and immediately refresh. It needs to be expensive so a player won't just burn a single coin to screw over their opponent.
I came here with this answer cocked and ready. Couldn't have said it any better myself.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.