Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jedediah
United States
choctaw
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mb
To get things started i will go ahead and include my first practice game. I flew a pure attack 4 klingon ship build with hideki fighters. I managed to get 79 Counters on the cube before time expired. My opponent only got 51 with a stout Valdore and D'deridex with a u.s.s. Yeager booster.

Vor'Cha class 26sp
klingon captain 0sp

Negh'Var class 26sp
Klingon captain 0sp

D7 Class 16sp
klingon captain 0sp

Hideki Class Attack Fighters 20sp
Total build: 90sp

blind booster:
K'T'Inga Class 22sp
K'Nera 4sp
Qapla' 2sp
Kunivas 2sp
Blind booster build: 30sp

Grand total:120sp

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will Sanchez
United States
Clermont
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
depends on the time limit. Are we saying 1 hour from starting the first movement phase?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jedediah
United States
choctaw
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mb
delta_angelfire wrote:
depends on the time limit. Are we saying 1 hour from starting the first movement phase?

Yes, a 1 hour time limit.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raleigh of Borg
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Tactical Cube 138 - 46
Tactical Drone - 3
Sphere 4270 -40
Chump Drone - 0

B'moth blind ship

Lost the B'moth in all 3 games and the sphere in the first. Time was called every round. 72pts, 76pts, 67pts

Won the first two, lost the third

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jedediah
United States
choctaw
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mb
gylvan2002 wrote:
Tactical Cube 138 - 46
Tactical Drone - 3
Sphere 4270 -40
Chump Drone - 0

B'moth blind ship

Lost the B'moth in all 3 games and the sphere in the first. Time was called every round. 72pts, 76pts, 67pts

Very good! I will only post each persons single highest score and at a later time expand it to a top 5 if the interest is there. Thanks for sharing!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raleigh of Borg
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
i'll have another batch of data after wednesday. I will try KDF again then and i'll collect all the data from the games, not just my own.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Ryan
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
so in this scenario the Borg does not attack?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Bruce
United States
Elgin
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
i3ojangles wrote:
To get things started i will go ahead and include my first practice game. I flew a pure attack 4 klingon ship build with hideki fighters. I managed to get 79 Counters on the cube before time expired. My opponent only got 51 with a stout Valdore and D'deridex with a u.s.s. Yeager booster.

Vor'Cha class 26sp
klingon captain 0sp

Negh'Var class 26sp
Klingon captain 0sp

D7 Class 16sp
klingon captain 0sp

blind booster:
K'T'Inga Class 22sp
K'Nera 4sp
Qapla' 2sp
Kunivas 2sp

Those naked Klingon ships did all that? BTW the generic Negvar is 28 points
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DonMegel wrote:
i3ojangles wrote:

Vor'Cha class 26sp
klingon captain 0sp

Negh'Var class 26sp
Klingon captain 0sp

D7 Class 16sp
klingon captain 0sp

blind booster:
K'T'Inga Class 22sp
K'Nera 4sp
Qapla' 2sp
Kunivas 2sp

That's 23 dice in one round. Every round in which you attack with all of them (hit or miss) you get an additional 5 hits for your coordinated attack.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jedediah
United States
choctaw
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mb
DonMegel wrote:
i3ojangles wrote:

Vor'Cha class 26sp
klingon captain 0sp

Negh'Var class 26sp
Klingon captain 0sp

D7 Class 16sp
klingon captain 0sp

blind booster:
K'T'Inga Class 22sp
K'Nera 4sp
Qapla' 2sp
Kunivas 2sp

Yes they did! I did get a little lucky with the borg though. No ships were destroyed until the final round. The Negh'Var was a auto correct typo.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan M D Thomas
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
gylvan2002 wrote:
Tactical Cube 138 - 46
Tactical Drone - 3
Sphere 4270 -40
Chump Drone - 0

B'moth blind ship

What fleet were you going against? How much damage did your ships get on them?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raleigh of Borg
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jmdt784 wrote:
gylvan2002 wrote:
Tactical Cube 138 - 46
Tactical Drone - 3
Sphere 4270 -40
Chump Drone - 0

B'moth blind ship

What fleet were you going against? How much damage did your ships get on them?

Federation, Romulan, Dominion.

Damage did my ships get on them???? None. You don't damage the enemy ships in this mission. You aren't allowed. I am not even sure you are allowed to force someone to disable a shield. Im hoping for a ruling before it comes up.

Do you mean how much damage did the enemy fleet do to the borg ship? I don't have my opponents scores in front of me. All the games we have played have been as close as 3 points and no further than 18 points. As i have said though, my whole group seems to think that messing with your opponent is a waste of time, and its just about how many points you can score. I guess my whole group is bloodthirsty.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jedediah
United States
choctaw
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mb
tpryan01 wrote:
so in this scenario the Borg does not attack?

at the end of each round the borg attacks the 4 closest ships if there are 5+ ships total for a 5 die attack. If there is 4 ships left it attacks the 3 closest for 6 dice. 3 ships left, it attacks the 2 closest for 8 dice. 2 ships, the closest ship for 10 dice. Last ship standing gets a 12 dice attack against it!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jedediah
United States
choctaw
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mb
yourmonkey06 wrote:
DonMegel wrote:
i3ojangles wrote:

Vor'Cha class 26sp
klingon captain 0sp

Negh'Var class 26sp
Klingon captain 0sp

D7 Class 16sp
klingon captain 0sp

blind booster:
K'T'Inga Class 22sp
K'Nera 4sp
Qapla' 2sp
Kunivas 2sp

That's 23 dice in one round. Every round in which you attack with all of them (hit or miss) you get an additional 5 hits for your coordinated attack.

another advantage to a naked fleet is you can move first and interfere with your opponents movements possibly canceling their actions. Attacking last doesn't have any negative effects!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raleigh of Borg
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yup, chump captains seem to be quite common.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Bruce
United States
Elgin
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
gylvan2002 wrote:
Yup, chump captains seem to be quite common.

Don't bash Captain Klingon nor his rival, Captain Romulan. They are skill 1 because anything higher would be OP.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Johnsen
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
yourmonkey06 wrote:
Every round in which you attack with all of them (hit or miss) you get an additional 5 hits for your coordinated attack.

You get the coordinated attack bonus if all of your ships fire, but you only get 1 point per ship that lands a hit.

Quote:
At the end of the Combat Phase, if ALL of a single player’s remaining ships attacked the BCT during that Combat Phase, add 1 additional Damage Token to the BCT for each of that player’s ships that inflicted damage to the BCT during that Combat Phase.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raleigh of Borg
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No bash, i like chump captains.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Ryan
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
i3ojangles wrote:
yourmonkey06 wrote:
DonMegel wrote:
i3ojangles wrote:

Vor'Cha class 26sp
klingon captain 0sp

Negh'Var class 26sp
Klingon captain 0sp

D7 Class 16sp
klingon captain 0sp

blind booster:
K'T'Inga Class 22sp
K'Nera 4sp
Qapla' 2sp
Kunivas 2sp

another advantage to a naked fleet is you can move first and interfere with your opponents movements possibly canceling their actions. Attacking last doesn't have any negative effects!

how do you survive the Borg attacks? won't it be throwing 5+ dice at each ship?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jedediah
United States
choctaw
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mb
Yes it does. But the debris tokens will come in handy to defend yourself. That should allow you one round of no hits as long as you prep accordingly. Then cloak the first round so when you are in range you'll be throwing as many defense dice as he's throwing attack. All the while I've thrown 45-46 dice before he even does any serious damage(that is unless you get very unlucky on your cloaked defense rolls). Then it's all luck from there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jedediah
United States
choctaw
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mb
i3ojangles wrote:

Vor'Cha class 26sp
klingon captain 0sp

Negh'Var class 26sp
Klingon captain 0sp

D7 Class 16sp
klingon captain 0sp

blind booster:
K'T'Inga Class 22sp
K'Nera 4sp
Qapla' 2sp
Kunivas 2sp

If anybody is interested still, i have learned that i made a mistake during the game i posted. I used k'neras captain ability and applied it to all my ships attacks not just the ktinga. so my overall score has been inflated by probably 10-15. sorry if this inconvenienced anybody but i am still learning and hope to retool this or other fleets(probably dominion)to produce similar results!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MormegilND wrote:
yourmonkey06 wrote:
Every round in which you attack with all of them (hit or miss) you get an additional 5 hits for your coordinated attack.

You get the coordinated attack bonus if all of your ships fire, but you only get 1 point per ship that lands a hit.

Quote:
At the end of the Combat Phase, if ALL of a single player’s remaining ships attacked the BCT during that Combat Phase, add 1 additional Damage Token to the BCT for each of that player’s ships that inflicted damage to the BCT during that Combat Phase.

...yes, I am aware of that. If you read what I was replying to, the build in question was using 5 ships. Therefore, 5 hits for coordinated attack (till one is destroyed).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Johnsen
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
But you said "hit or miss" -- you only get 1 bonus point for every ship that hits. Barring terrible rolls, every ship probably will hit, but it's not a given. Therefore, it's not an automatic 5 points.

yourmonkey - I'm not meaning to bash you in any way, and I know you understand the rules, because your posts all over these forums definitely show forethought. I'm just trying to avoid misunderstandings on the part of other people who may not be as familiar with the rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tibor Corbett
Australia
flag msg tools
mb
208. One of the guys in our group at Good Game Hurstville got 208 damage on the cardborg.

Strategy was based on Weyoun, Varel and Flagship Sphere. All other ships were destroyed within 40 mins and he had 20mins left to rack up as much damage as possible. By doing attack negation, simple moves and repeating the same action loop, he was able to pump out one turn per minute, averaging 7 points per turn.

When I played him, I lost my fleet at 128pts. He had 40ish at that point. In the following 15 mins after I died, he caught up and overtook to 150 something.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Hare
msg tools
Almost all of the venues I played at did not allow infinite attack cancelling (either ship pure venue or outright banned it for COL1/2/3).

The highest score I saw was Kraxon/Keldon using ED for asburd dice fixing and infinite attack cancelling. He won that game 214-165.

The highest not-attack cancelling was 165 for me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.