Popular Tags: [View All]
Jason Monroe
United States
St Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
I picked up a copy of the Folio Edition and on the back of it lists the components including a standard rulebook. All I have is the exclusive rulebook. Does anyone if the folio edition should have come with a standard one too? If so, which one?

I did have another folio game which did have a standard rulebook but that was for a game in the Blue & Grey series.

So I'm not sure if Oil War should have had a standard rulebook or if SPI just put that on the back of all their folio games?

Thanks in advance

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Sommers
United States
Clinton
New Jersey
flag msg tools
Oil War was not part of a series, so there were no "standard" rules, just the rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Monroe
United States
St Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you. I posted a similar question for Dixie. Do you know if that was part of a series?
Sounds like SPI just put standard rulebook on the back of all the folio games?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Sommers
United States
Clinton
New Jersey
flag msg tools
I think Dixie was another one-off. I don't think I ever bought a separate folio game, so I don't know what was on the back. The games that had both standard and exclusive rules were quad games and their magazine siblings, and series games, such as the GBACW, or the Central Front series, for example.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Monroe
United States
St Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks again. Here's the back of my folio:

Interestingly, when I look at the image of the back of the boxed edition for Oil War it doesn't say anything about a standard rulebook either. Guess it was just something they stuck on the back of all their folios

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.