Cards Against Humanity» Forums » Variants

Subject: Custom 80's Expansion Pack rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brad B.
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
Yup, I'm at it again LOL. I had a bit of time and put together a small (72 cards) 80's expansion. As always I welcome any feedback, ENJOY! =D

http://www.cordsagainstharmony.com/cords-against-the-80s/
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cambo
Australia
Adelaide
SA
flag msg tools
badge
Shaving the proverbial donkey
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice work. I'm an 80s child, so the references are spot on.

Couple of typos
021 "Gown-ass men waring shorts"
055 "Indian Jones"

Also card 68 - having "my" before the blank severely limits your option of white card to play. It needs to have a lead in that supports the noun/gerund rule.

Hope you see this as constructive, rather than nit-picky. Keep making them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad B.
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
Thanks for that, all three have been fixed. I had a couple of friends go through these before I put them up, and none of them caught those either. Anyway, fixed and updated the download file.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Samurai Munky

Westford
Massachusetts
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
in card 21 - you fixed the typo in grown, but not wearing.

i like alot of these cards (i was born in 1986 and understood a solid 90% of the card references).

I feel like "fuck" is thrown about alot within the white cards, and while i'm not opposed to cursing, i feel like some of your cards could benefit without them. I can post specific numbers later when i get home from work. (then again, maybe it's fine and it seemed like a lot because i had to read through them all in a 10 minute break).

definitely plan to print these and add to my collection; kudos to you.

i'm working on an expansion as well. look for it soon
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad B.
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
Yea I kinda wrestled with the F-bombs a bit, but figured that once they were mixed in with the rest of the cards they wouldn't be so overwhelming. For something that I threw together in a couple of hours while watching TV I figured they'd work well enough for me & my friends.

Will fix that last typo when I get off work tonight, thanks for pointing that out. and would definitely love some input on which cards you didn't get the reference for, and what ones you would have dropped the F-bombs from.

I'll definitely be keeping an eye out for your expansion, I'm a sucker for custom cards.

I've got a couple of other decks that I'm working on too, but wanna take my time with them to make sure they're more well rounded and clear of typos lol.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Samurai Munky

Westford
Massachusetts
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for fixing the typo

It's good to see someone putting in quality effort and keeping updated.

For cutting curses, here are my thoughts.
#3 - punky brewster bitches!
I don't feel like bitches helps here, I think you can get more mileage keeping it as just a name, the black cards that flow better with bitches emphasized i feel are less than without.

#20 - flock of motherfucking seagulls.
Perhaps it's because i'm not fully picking up on the reference, but motherfucking seems thrown in.

#25 - making He man and she ra kiss...
I think the card is actually fine ending this at kiss; but if you keep the second part in, the f-bomb doesn't seem needed.

#26 - 'gorbachauv's fucking head'.
mixed feelings, definitely emphasizes the distaste of russia in the 80s; may be just as good without.

just my thoughts; the other f-bombs seemed to match the feel of the card.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad B.
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
With all but #20 I'm inclined to agree with you; reading them without the f-bombs doesn't really take away from them and they stand on their own well enough.

A Flock of Seagulls was actually a band from the early 80's, it was a bit before me but I've heard enough references to them to know they were pretty well known/successful. I think they're kinda douchey, but by adding the MF it makes it out like they're bad ass... but in a poking fun at them way. IMO.

With the next revision I may just drop the f-bombs out of the ones you mentioned though, just gotta find time to make new .png's up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Hoyt
United States
East Liverpool
Ohio
flag msg tools
ボルトン
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Great selection of Answers and Questions.

Agree with most, dropping the f-bombs would increase the strengths of the cards on their own.

Let the reader add the bombs if needed. (We do, we always make each answer dramatic readings).

~Will

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorge Chacon
Canada
flag msg tools
I recently started playing this game, and can't get enough of it. Awesome Job Brad!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gil De Leo
United States
Puerto Rico
flag msg tools
mbmb
I really liked most of them and got them all right away. However, I concur with the rest of the community. 99.0-99.9% of all of the randomly inserted f-bombs are pretty much superfluous and sort of better left out of the cards. Due more to hyperbole than vulgarity.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
AB Con
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
Can i see the cards before purchase... is there any references to Rick Springfield???

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Johnson
msg tools
abc24rls wrote:
Can i see the cards before purchase... is there any references to Rick Springfield???

Yeah, if you click on this link it'll download the set for ya, you should be able to look at them there. You can trim out any you don't particularly care for as well. http://www.cordsagainstharmony.com/download/202/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.