Popular Tags: [View All]
JonGetsGames
United States
CA
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Played one game of this yesterday, it was interesting but ended suddenly when one player took 4 goals in a row in the same turn. I could see nothing in the rules to say this shouldn't happen, but the game ended there with a crushing 2x more points win and the player who won didn't really feel like they had played better. Just that they had been lucky to happen to have all the correct stuff in a row for the last 4 goals.

Did we miss something? It makes me want to institute a "one goal per turn" policy on my second play through.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Shaw
United Kingdom
Plymouth
Devon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
You can indeed take each new goal revealed if you immediately fulfil its requirements, based on the PnP rules:

Quote:
If a player meets the face-up Goal condition, they immediately claim that Goal token... When a Goal token is claimed, turn the next one face-up...

Seems very unlikely though. What were the 4 goals the player claimed all at once?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JonGetsGames
United States
CA
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
njshaw2 wrote:
You can indeed take each new goal revealed if you immediately fulfil its requirements, based on the PnP rules:

Quote:
If a player meets the face-up Goal condition, they immediately claim that Goal token... When a Goal token is claimed, turn the next one face-up...

Seems very unlikely though. What were the 4 goals the player claimed all at once?

They came out in this order, starting with the first which had been there for a couple turns:

10 Coin Goal -> she had this and then revealed
Spending Goal -> so she bought a village which cost more then 4 coins, which revealed
Works goal -> she already had camp and village so she took this and revealed
Crowd Goal -> she ended her turn and there happened to already be 3 works on one space. This was because in order to buy the village she had to cluster workers on the bottom right production space to get enough.

She won 9 points to 4 and felt pretty unsatisfied.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ray Greenley
United States
Harleysville
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
Greetings Commander
mbmbmbmbmb
Worth noting that I'm pretty sure the money ones (both X and V) require you to have that money at the END of your turn to claim the VP token. So she couldn't have claimed it and then spent the money, since her turn would have been over.

But the idea still holds that several VP tokens could go in one turn. I believe I also remember reading in the rules that if both players satisfy the VP token then it's discarded. Keep an eye out for that when resolving the VP tokens.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin
United States
Kalamazoo
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, Ray has a good point about keeping an eye out when resolving the goal tokens. I had my last game end quicker than we both planned, as the last token revealed was one that we both met the requirements for already, so it got discarded, thereby ending the game. (It was the 4 structures goal). The player who completed the prior goal was not ready for the game to end so fast, and when he flipped that last goal over and the game ended, he then realized another nice twist of the game...the risk factor!! cry

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick
United States
Savage
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
RMGreen wrote:
Worth noting that I'm pretty sure the money ones (both X and V) require you to have that money at the END of your turn to claim the VP token.
You are half correct. The 5 Coin Goal is 'at the end of your turn' while the 10 Coin Goal is just 'possess the Platinum Coin'. Note the difference. You cannot gain the 5 Coin goal during the other players turn and can't just have spent it. While the 10 Coin goal can be earned at any time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andres K
Estonia
Tallinn
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
I also have a similar question:
I built the last structure (Village) on the board and I got the achiecemnt for having 2x2VP buildings. Does the next goal token get reveled or not? I would assume yes, but that might be overpowered, as it is likely, that someone has it furfilled already. On the other hand rules said "claim immediatly, when met and rurn the next one". The next one would also be mine: I ended my turn with 3 workers on one space (assuming, the Camp worker counts).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.