J Holmes
New Zealand
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
So the 80k goal is:

Dungeon Lords: Festival Season already includes all the adorable pets that appeared in the Dungeon Petz base game. If we reach this stretch goal, we will add all the pets from Dungeon Petz: Dark Alleys. Get ready for more pets!

And the Dungeon Girl pledge level is
"Dungeon Lords + Expansion, + Dungeon Petz + Expansion"

I'm assuming there is a different between the 80k stretch and the Dungeon Girl pledge level, but what am I missing or misunderstanding?

TIA.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cristian van Loenen
Netherlands
Hilversum
flag msg tools
Being defeated is often a temporary condition. Giving up is what makes it permanent.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dungeon Girl pledge level contains Dungeon Lords Happy Anniversary + Dungeon Petz + expansion

Dungeon Lord already incorporated some of the character pets used in Dungeon Petz (we're talking about the art), the stretch goal adds the missing Dungeon Petz (art) to Dungeon Lords
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alison Mandible
United States
Cambridge
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dungeon Petz is a separate game set in the same universe.

Some characters from it (namely, the pets themselves!) found their way into the Dungeon Lords expansion. They were in a radically different form-- when playing Dungeon Petz, each pet is two pieces of cardboard with some plastic mounting, and they're very difficult to take care of (that's the whole game). When they appeared in Festival Season, they were individual cards that gave you small bonuses. But they had the same names and art, so it's "the same" pets appearing in both games.

Then Dungeon Petz had an expansion of its own, which adds 9 more pets. But Dungeon Lords doesn't have bonus cards corresponding to those pets yet. The 80k stretch goal was for those 9 or 10 cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alison Mandible
United States
Cambridge
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
(I said "9 or 10" because I'm not sure if they'll add a bonus card for Bob The Blob, who was a promo.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lior Kiperman
Israel
Ramat Gan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
CGE confirmed that Bob the Blob will be added :)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Holmes
New Zealand
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
grasa_total wrote:
Dungeon Petz is a separate game set in the same universe.

Some characters from it (namely, the pets themselves!) found their way into the Dungeon Lords expansion. They were in a radically different form-- when playing Dungeon Petz, each pet is two pieces of cardboard with some plastic mounting, and they're very difficult to take care of (that's the whole game). When they appeared in Festival Season, they were individual cards that gave you small bonuses. But they had the same names and art, so it's "the same" pets appearing in both games.

Then Dungeon Petz had an expansion of its own, which adds 9 more pets. But Dungeon Lords doesn't have bonus cards corresponding to those pets yet. The 80k stretch goal was for those 9 or 10 cards.

Ah that makes a lot of sense, thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alison Mandible
United States
Cambridge
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Update: I looked at my existing copy of Festival Season, and the pet cards actually don't have the same art as in Dungeon Petz! They seem to be new illustrations by Cochard -- just very similar. Neat.

I actually rate Dungeon Petz higher than Dungeon Lords; my imp gold coins are going straight into the Dungeon Petz box when they arrive.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lior Kiperman
Israel
Ramat Gan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think the new petz are the grown up version of the petz in dungeon petz, which are baby petz.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.