Popular Tags: [View All]
Big Lebowski
Germany
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
The Dude abides!
badge
yeah? well… y’know, that’s just like, uh… your opinion, man…
mbmbmbmbmb
Given all the bad press concerning Game Salute these days, I'm more than concerned about the publication of Storm Hollow...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dann May
Australia
Victoria
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Hi! Pleased to meet you.
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey dude, I like your style.

The team at escapade games are battling through a lot of work. Angie has developed some neurological health problems and it has set them back in what was already a big task. We at game salute have all the art and components ready to go and have had for some time. When we get everything from escapade we will continue with the layouts and prepress. As you can imagine we have other projects we are working in so the delayed delivery from escapade is something we need to continue to manage.

As always, despite a project being delayed for one reason or another you can expect we will keep up our end and see it through. As tough as it may be the best thing you can do is be patient with escapade and support us as we wait, because the only thing I can imagine that will stop the game being made and made well is if we all get lynched.

Hoping the dude abides.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Webster
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
woodoo03 wrote:
Given all the bad press concerning Game Salute these days, I'm more than concerned about the publication of Storm Hollow... :(

They have offered money back. I am not worried. Just sitting back and waiting. :-)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Hudson
United Kingdom
Whitley Bay
Tyne and Wear
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Chill out man - it's coming...cool
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Thornton
United States
Canby
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I personally am not too worried. The frequent updates of progress make me confident the game will eventually be published.

What concerns me is the final component quality. No doubt Game Salute has the capabilities to get high quality games published, but Oz and others make me nervous that corners could be cut, stretch goals scratched, and wrong files sent to the printer.

No way am I asking for a refund, though!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Somerton
Australia
North Ryde - Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
designer
Duplicitous!
badge
I don't play to win - I play for enjoyment and social interaction.
mbmbmbmbmb
Seeing the quality of the artwork and the volume of work the designers have produced already, I'm not unduly concerned.

Kickstarting a project is always a risk and not getting a game or not getting the absolute best quality game really is insignificant in the grand scheme of things.

If I am concerned at all, it about the designers themselves as this is a massive task they have undertaken, but they do seem to be fully committed, despite family and health concerns and the pressure.

For them, their health and their sanity, I truly hope they do manage to finalise the game and get it done, because if it is done right it will be and amazing achievement. If it doesn't happen, I just hope the toll hasn't been too much on them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Silberman
United States
Portola Valley
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am sorry about the difficulties the designer has had and was glad to hear she is doing better. Hopefully the designers will get to publish their dream game but as of today, I would gladly accept a refund.

When and where did they offer a refund? I do not follow KS updates slavishly but I bought this to play with my daughter and she is getting older and more story telling games have come out since this project was supposed to have shipped by now.

The art is beautiful but I doubt I will get much enjoyment out of it by the time it comes out.

Regards,

Greg

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Malachi Brown
United States
Hermitage
TN
flag msg tools
It's turtles all the way down.
badge
“Questions are a burden to others; answers a prison for oneself.”
mbmbmbmbmb
Back in May.

Quote:
For those of you who would not like to wait any longer, we understand. If any of you fine backers would prefer a credit via Amazon Payments for the full amount of your pledge, instead of receiving your reward package, please notify us by emailing Service@GameSalute.com along with your Backer Name, full real name, and Amazon transaction ID and we will process that credit for you promptly, removing you from the backer list.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/gamesalute/story-realms...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.