Popular Tags: [View All]
Miguel Angel Gil
Spain
Gijon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello!

Some time ago I played (FtF) the firt 5 battles of the Play Book. So to refresh the rules and learn more about the game, I played solo the first battle I've played before.

Because I want a more balanced game, I removed the optional Elite commander from Alex, also have in mind to play with the optional cavalry formations/pursue but forget to apply it the first turn, hehe

So, I expected an easy macedonian victory but to my surprise wasn't. The first problem comes when Ciltus attemp Momentum and Alex rolls a 9 in the Trumph, so this is how the map ends after all tribal leaders finished and only Philotas left.

But after Philotas 3 actions the turn 2 situation was:

Turn 2 was amazing, not only two tribalian leaders roll Momentum, Alex roll a 9 again in the Trumph attempt!!! So knowing that Alex will don't move tribalians charge the central Phalanx on the flanks and routed both! this is how the end of tribalian turn 2 looks:

So Philotas tryed to put more tribalians units on rout knowing that with 3 Phalanx routed all was lost, but no way to change that, so this is the map at end of turn 2 after rout movement (and end game)

So it's obvious that two failed Trumph attemps break the normal pace of the game, but I think also that I played macedonians in a bad way (sending few units ahead instead on line); but yes, tribals can win this battles, maybe 1 of 100 hehe

One thing I find a bit strange is the fact that attacking through flank a surrounded enemy unit don't give a bonus to the PRE SHOCK TQ-CHECK.

Also, when an SK unit use O.W. two hex away from an opponent and moves laterally, and that opponent advance again, can the SK unit do O.W. again while is a 1 hex distance now?

Thanks for reading! : )
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.