GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
8,220 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
20 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
3 Posts

Russian Front» Forums » Rules

Subject: Reserves unit. Why use it during exploitation rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Gaz Man
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Recently acquired a copy. Rules very thorough but confused on reserve units

1/ I think I've figured out that I can put a reserve unit on a stack of infantry units and use the reserve unit chit to allow movement of the stack during exploitation. (Assuming no movement during ground movement phase)

So would use it to breakthrough with infantry like armour but without the movement in the initial ground movement step. . Is that right?

2/. Ok so I can also use it during exploitation phase on armour units that I have not moved

I guess I'm asking why I would do that because I get an exploitation move anyway.

The only reason I can think of is for a non phase move. Ie I can use it to move the armour unit say to defend. Or have I missed something

Thanks in advance

Gazman

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ian morris
United Kingdom
Birmingham
West Mids
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

1/ Correct, the infantry gets to move in the Exploitation phase instead, very useful if you've engineered a breakthrough.

2/ Correct, the Reserve armour is moved (if desired) in the non-phasing Movement phase. This is particularly useful in the south, where the panzers can be moved into hexes defended by lowly Axis Allies. If this puts the odds in your favour, defend with the panzers. If not, defend with the crap troops and retreat the panzers after one round of combat, hopefully preventing a Russian breakthrough.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gaz Man
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Many thanks for the quick response Ian -

Gazman
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.