12 Posts

Kanban: Driver's Edition» Forums » Rules

Subject: Assembling a Car, Upgraded Parts First rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ori Avtalion
Israel
flag msg tools
I'm not sure if by "assemble" you mean "put a new car on the assembly line" or "take a car off the assembly line". Providing a part cube to the assembly line puts a new car on the assembly line and pushes the other cars. Due to the pushing nature, after several actions by all players, you may be able to put a cube in a non-yellow space and cause a yellow car to push out of the bottom.

Filled assembly spaces only get cleared out at the start of your turn, so you are correct that you can only provide 3 parts in the yellow car section.

That is my interpretation as well
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Chan
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mm, your question also make a wonder in my mind, that is if I have an orange cube that is not an upgraded part of the yellow model car (while yellow car has been upgraded its brake: white cube in test & inno. Dept, now in assembly line do I need to recycling my orange cube into white cube from the recycle market first? Is this compulsory so that I am able to provide the white cube upgraded part for yellow car model in assembly line?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Incao
United States
Doylestown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
someotherguy wrote:
On the assembly line section of the board, the yellow model has three empty spaces for parts. I first thought that you needed to fill these three spaces to assemble a yellow car, but re-reading the rules, it seems that every time a single part is placed, a car is moved down the assembly line, and another is added. The three spaces would prevent a single player from assembling more than three yellow cars in one turn. Is this correct?

Later it indicates that if a model has some upgraded parts, they must be provided first. What do you mean by that?

My interpretation would be this: if the yellow model has exactly three upgraded parts, then only those three can be used to build yellow cars (because they must be provided first, duplicates are not allowed, and there are only three spaces, so there will never be space for non-upgraded parts). If more than three were upgraded, any three of the upgraded parts could be used. This is true for every model, except that the number of available parts spaces may differ. Is this correct?

1. The three spaces would prevent a single player from introducing more than three yellow cars to the line in one turn. The cubes do not get cleared until Sandra does her action in the department.

2. Your interpretation is correct.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vital Lacerda
Portugal
Oeiras
flag msg tools
designer
badge
2010 - Vinhos, 2012 - CO2, 2014 - kanban, 2015 - The Gallerist, 2016 - Vinhos Deluxe, 2017 - Lisboa, 2018 - Escape Plan, CO2 Second Chance and Dragon Keepers - Maybe: 2019 - ROTW Portugal and On Mars, 2020 - Kanban Deluxe Edition, Mercato
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Dan,

someotherguy wrote:
1. On the assembly line section of the board, the yellow model has three empty spaces for parts. I first thought that you needed to fill these three spaces to assemble a yellow car, but re-reading the rules, it seems that every time a single part is placed, a car is moved down the assembly line, and another is added.

That is correct.

someotherguy wrote:

The three spaces would prevent a single player from assembling more than three yellow cars in one turn. Is this correct?

Not quite, since due the 'pushing' system, cars end up mixed in another model lines. And because of it, if you spend 4 shifts, its possible to assemble 4 cars of the same color using other models assembling spaces.

The 3 assembly spaces prevents the use of the same part, to assemble a car in that line, until they are all filled.

someotherguy wrote:
2. Later it indicates that if a model has some upgraded parts, they must be provided first.

My interpretation would be this: if the yellow model has exactly three upgraded parts, then only those three can be used to build yellow cars (because they must be provided first, duplicates are not allowed, and there are only three spaces, so there will never be space for non-upgraded parts.

Completely right.

someotherguy wrote:

If more than three were upgraded, any three of the upgraded parts could be used. This is true for every model, except that the number of available parts spaces may differ. Is this correct?

Yes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Incao
United States
Doylestown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
James Warren wrote:
Mm, your question also make a wonder in my mind, that is if I have an orange cube that is not an upgraded part of the yellow model car (while yellow car has been upgraded its brake: white cube in test & inno. Dept, now in assembly line do I need to recycling my orange cube into white cube from the recycle market first? Is this compulsory so that I am able to provide the white cube upgraded part for yellow car model in assembly line?

You have to recycle the part (swap the orange cube for the white cube)... then you place the white cube to push the yellow car. If there is no white cube to swap or already an orange cube in the recycle market... then you won't be able to use the recycle market and thus won't be able to push the yellow car.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vital Lacerda
Portugal
Oeiras
flag msg tools
designer
badge
2010 - Vinhos, 2012 - CO2, 2014 - kanban, 2015 - The Gallerist, 2016 - Vinhos Deluxe, 2017 - Lisboa, 2018 - Escape Plan, CO2 Second Chance and Dragon Keepers - Maybe: 2019 - ROTW Portugal and On Mars, 2020 - Kanban Deluxe Edition, Mercato
mbmbmbmbmb
Right Chris. But he can always use a Voucher Part. If he has any.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomas Inguanzo
United States
Miami
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
pennincao wrote:

1. The three spaces would prevent a single player from introducing more than three yellow cars to the line in one turn. The cubes do not get cleared until Sandra does her action in the department.

Top of pg. 10: "At the start of your turn in this department, empty all of the Assembly Spaces for any Models whose Assembly Spaces are all filled."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomas Inguanzo
United States
Miami
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
someotherguy wrote:
hrhtomas wrote:
pennincao wrote:

Top of pg. 10: "At the start of your turn in this department, empty all of the Assembly Spaces for any Models whose Assembly Spaces are all filled."

Yes, that was never at question.

Pennincao said that only Sandra clears cubes from the assembly line.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Incao
United States
Doylestown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
hrhtomas wrote:
someotherguy wrote:
hrhtomas wrote:
pennincao wrote:

Yes, that was never at question.

Pennincao said that only Sandra clears cubes from the assembly line.

You are correct... As the rules states... They also get cleared at the beginning of a players turn if they are in the department and the Assembly spaces are full.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.