Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ronja Räubertochter
Germany
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
This game looks/sounds great!
Will it be available at the SPIEL 2014 in Essen somehow?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kerstin
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I saw yesterday by chance (while looking for something else) that it is listed in the Pegasus online shop, with an availability 10/2014 so unless someone can give you a more informed answer, you might keep an eye on that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
barry Doublet
France
epernay
Other
flag msg tools
Mad Crazy Fool !!!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm crossing my fingers
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott "Tox" Morris
United States
Georgetown
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Garfielda wrote:
This game looks/sounds great!
Will it be available at the SPIEL 2014 in Essen somehow?

We, Arcane Wonders, will not have a booth at Essen, but our local distributors do have pre-order information for the game in English, for worldwide distribution. Timing will be tight though, as the street date for Sheriff is October 10th. We will, as always, do our best!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ronja Räubertochter
Germany
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow! Thanks for the quick responses! I wasn't expecting an answer so soon.

So who's your local distributor in Germany? Pegasus?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kai Mölleken
Germany
45147 Essen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Even though the thread is already gathering dust:

Depending on the price of the game I would suggest looking for a used copy of Hart an der Grenze. The theme fits better, it plays with up to 6 (instead of 5) and you could easily add the new rules.

Owning a copy of Hart an der Grenze I don't see any reason to pick up Sheriff of Nottingham.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott "Tox" Morris
United States
Georgetown
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Some people may enjoy the new theme more, or, the new rules. We have posted our rulebook which if you own Hart, should be familiar, but you'll notice the changes made. We believe Sheriff is more open and engaging than it's predecessors, and it was with the help of the designers that we've put together what we have, so if you're a fan of Hart, or Robin Hood, and enjoy Sergio and Andre's work, this would make for a good pick up.

Also, I've been informed that Brave New World will be demoing Sheriff of Nottingham as well at Essen, so I'd look for their booth for sure if you're going.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ronja Räubertochter
Germany
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks again for the latest responses to my question. Even though I like the higher player number of Hart an der Grenze, I'm still more interested in Sheriff of Nottingham because I like the theme better and I am very certain so will my gaming friends. But thanks for the info, anyways.

I'll definitely drop by Brave New World at the Spiel, now. If they demo the game, their shop might also be a place to pick up a copy at some point, which is great because it's relatively close to where I live. :-D
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.