Popular Tags: [View All]
Gert Havlykke
Sweden
Rimbo
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Situation came up last night that still puzzles me:
A Robot makes a pitstop and is moved backwards ending in a corner section behind a Leader car (that had moved this turn).

Has the robot been lapped by the Leader car or is lapping always something done actively by the Leader overtaking a slower car during the leader's movement?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paulo Renato
Portugal
Vila Nova Gaia
Porto
flag msg tools
I run through Rahdo's Runthroughs and make right what once went wrong (via annotations)
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
He has been lapped while he was in the Pit...

What else could it be? He couldn't possibly go from almost being lapped to be in the front of the race by pit-syopping
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darrell Hanning
United States
Jacksonville
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
We will meet at the Hour of Scampering.
mbmbmbmbmb
Just as a car can unlap itself by the leader pitting, so can the leader lap a car that has pitted.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Bradshaw
United Kingdom
Newcastle Upon Tyne
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree the answers given above.

In order to understand thematically what's actually happening here, it's important to remember that a single turn in the game represents at least one and usually more laps, not just the few spaces traversed in that turn. So in this case, during the last 2 laps, the robot pitted and was lapped by the leader. Obviously there's no check required, because there is no hazard or danger, in overtaking a car while it's in the pits. If the robot had not pitted, the leader would have needed to overtake on the track using the normal rules for doing so.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gert Havlykke
Sweden
Rimbo
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thought as much myself, just got hung up on the rules saying "This is how a leading car may lap others"

@Paulo: I guess the robot could have had a fast pitstop (like Formula DE), where a lucky roll allows you to enter re-enter the track and keep driving like a maniac to catch up with the leader

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
René Christensen
Denmark
Solroed Strand
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If this situation would appear in a game, I would still move the robot since it still haven't moved this turn - it has only made a pitstop and should IMO have a chance to move before the turn ends.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Bradshaw
United Kingdom
Newcastle Upon Tyne
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Slotracer wrote:
If this situation would appear in a game, I would still move the robot since it still haven't moved this turn - it has only made a pitstop and should IMO have a chance to move before the turn ends.

Yes, that's what the rules say - the robot should have the opportunity to move. It's only restriction is that it can't unlap itself, so, depending on the exact position relative to the leader, it may not actually be able to move at all.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gert Havlykke
Sweden
Rimbo
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As I remember it, it was Red Leader (moved), Slow car (moved), fast car (pitstopped and ended up behind these to guys). All the fast cars had to pit at the same time (12) and this fast car ended up in the conundrum described above.

Sooo.... I would think that the fast car could lap the slow car (free) but stop behind the Red Leader car according to p. 12:

In relation to lapping and unlapping:
* robots lap each other without spending points
* robots loose all movement points when the reach a driver with more laps (the red car in this case)
* there are only two cases when a robot can unlpa itself:
A) when the car in front is offtrack and the robot moves before that car enters the track again
B) when a robot succeed in Late Breaking ( Advanced Game)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.