Subject: Fate Recipes? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Max Schulz
Germany
Dortmund
flag msg tools
Hi,

the (new) rules say that you can only use one item (weapon or lucky cup etc.) for your dice rolls. But when i decide what to do with my fate dice pool, do i have access to all equipped items or just the one i used. If i, for example, used the lucky cup for a spell, do i get to use the faith recipe of my weapon or other equipped items, like a robe?

Thanks for your help.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Endevor Rovedne
France
le pré saint gervais
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
No you can only use the recipes of the weapon you are using.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Schulz
Germany
Dortmund
flag msg tools
Thank you,

it is a stupid question, but do i get to use the fate recipes from other equipments, like a robe or a ring, or do i just take the recipe from my weapon?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Ziegler
United States
Portland
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You only get the fate recipe from the item you are using. For example, if you use an attack card that says Range: Weapon, you apply the fate dice recipe from your weapon. If, on the other hand, you were to use a Focus for an Apprentice card, you would use the fate dice recipe on that Focus. It is worth noting that if you use Riding the Edge or another shield attack with the Soldier while he has the Bulwark equipped, there is no point in rolling the fate dice, because the Bulwark has no fate dice recipe on it. I hope that helps!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Schulz
Germany
Dortmund
flag msg tools
Thanks a lot to both of you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frede
Norway
flag msg tools
No the fate recipe can only be resolved if it is on the weapon or item you used, when it is on your primary or secondary weapons slot.

Exception would be if a fate recipe was on your other equipement. Armor, helmet and ring slots. I can't recall if there are any at this point, but it might happen in the future.

Edit: Ops had opened the window earlier and didn't see the replies until after I wrote mine. My bad.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jarad Bond
United States
Anchorage
Alaska
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I seem to remember the wording of the new equipment rules to be slightly misleading, but technically correct. They say you can only add bonuses from the the equipment you are "using".

You can only use one of the two primary/secondary cards at a time. But I think they consider you to be using your armor and accessory all the time. Fate recipes and extra dice from armor/accessory equipment slots can be used during attacks, but you can only choose one of the two hand slots to use.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.