Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Henry Allen
United States
Astatula
FLORIDA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
- Poor Cursed! Unless I'm missing something, he's so Cursed he didn't make it into the rules.

- The new art is great except one thing. I already miss the Steve Buscemi look-alike cult leader! Any way for me to get him with the old art and new back?

- Love the new card backs. A couple of times in different groups I've had an elderly noob wake up with the Werewolves when they weren't actually a wolf. In both cases they were tricked into thinking they were a wolf by the big Wolf on the back of their card. Not a problem with this version!

- Huntress is brilliant, I will not be surprised to see her become a staple in our games.

- Great Kick Starter campaign, great quality, and looking forward to trying out the various new roles!

PS> shouldn't this item on BGG be listed as a compilation? I guess it has a few exclusives, maybe that's the issue.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Rider
United States
Mount Prospect
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My copy has a Cursed card. The art is different -- perhaps you overlooked it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henry Allen
United States
Astatula
FLORIDA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
strider72 wrote:
My copy has a Cursed card. The art is different -- perhaps you overlooked it.

I have the Cursed card, I was just pointing out that the card description seems to be omitted from the rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Liam
Scotland
flag msg tools
admin
badge
I am BGG's official honey trap
mbmbmbmbmb
Mine arrived - I'm really pleased with it.

Love the Debbi Ohi art pack - it's going to be soft light way to edge new players into it.

My only criticism is that I'd have expected an 'Ultimate Deluxe Edition' to use more than one image/gender for villages. No big deal but still missed a trick, IMO.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
monkeyhandz wrote:
My only criticism is that I'd have expected an 'Ultimate Deluxe Edition' to use more than one image/gender for villages. No big deal but still missed a trick, IMO.

This was addressed in the KS comments. You don't want different images for Villagers as the likelihood of confusion by the players increases. "So, if I have _this_ picture, am I still a villager?"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Liam
Scotland
flag msg tools
admin
badge
I am BGG's official honey trap
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah... but my players can read. meeple (Tone's tricky online so please take this meeple as a sign of humorous affection.)

"Villager - You are a Villager. Nobody Special." Solved.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Wilson
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
monkeyhandz wrote:
My only criticism is that I'd have expected an 'Ultimate Deluxe Edition' to use more than one image/gender for villages.

Non-identical Villager cards can be a bit of a problem in game terms. You have to start adding rules that ban people from talking about the art/colour/gender of their Villagers, like in Resistance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
BlackSheep wrote:
monkeyhandz wrote:
My only criticism is that I'd have expected an 'Ultimate Deluxe Edition' to use more than one image/gender for villages.

Non-identical Villager cards can be a bit of a problem in game terms. You have to start adding rules that ban people from talking about the art/colour/gender of their Villagers, like in Resistance.

Exactly this. I think they could've gone with a few art packs using all female villagers though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
wolfkin
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
monkeyhandz wrote:

That concern was addressed here in the updates.

After all, I thought, why should everyone have the same picture of a villager on their card? It turns out, because giving each player a different picture of a villager breaks the game! It only took a single play of the game (after the initial "What role do I have" aborted one) with those cards to figure this out: one person said “my villager is a girl with a green apron” and suddenly everyone was describing the unique villager on their card. Except the werewolves, who were pretty much screwed. So in order to play with that set, a new rule had to be added - not only can you not show your card to anyone, you can’t describe it either.

Basically they made the decision that best accommodated new players rather than older players. Some people were and are disappointed by this decision but it's just how they decided.

The female art pack one i think I can explain. If there was a female art pack it breaks the game in the same way when you have large groups. If you're going to for instance have a massive game where you want to include the art packs as WELL as the default villagers.. suddenly you're in the same problem area
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.