7 Posts

Summoner Wars» Forums » Rules

Subject: Deep Dwarves vs Filth and Jungle Elves summoner question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
vultus prime
msg tools
mb
In a game between the Deep Dwarves and the Filth, if I (DD) have some destroyed mutations in my magic pile and I play the event card Illusionary Warrior
Quote:
Choose a common unit that is in your magic pile. Place the chosen unit adjacent to a Deep Dwarf champion or Gem Mage that you control. You control the chosen unit
can I take a mutation from my magic pile and use it as a common unit?

The summoner of the Jungle Elves, Abua Shi, has the following ability:
Quote:
Instead of attacking with Abua Shi, you may spend 1 magic point to choose any 1 Jungle Elf unit. Add 1 to the attack value of the chosen unit untill the end of the turn

Can he use his ability on himself and therefore attack for 4?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex W8er
Austria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Mutations are considered to be Commons for all game effects, so yes, I think you can use Tundle's Event to do that.

No, you can't. On your turn you are allowed to attack once with three different Units you control.
You are using Abua's one possible attack to trigger his Ability, so it wouldn't make much sense to use his Ability on him.

Edit: Typos.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
vultus prime
msg tools
mb
Thank you, I asked because using the mutations just as simple common units, without placing them on top of other cards, seemed like a game breaker. But it follows the logic of Illusionary Warrior event card.

About Abua, yes it makes sense, it was a silly question.

Quote:
No, you can't. On your turn you are allowed to attack once with three different Units you control.

I'm sorry, but I don't understand to what you are referring to.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carthoris Pyramidos
United States
Centennial
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think you can use Illusionary Warrior on a Mutation, but:

You would need to play it on top of a common unit that you already control (required for mutations), and so you would have to have the target common unit adjacent to a Gem Mage or DD Champion (required for Illusionary Warrior).

You can definitely use Abua Shi's ability on himself (any Jungle Elf unit), but since the ability is "instead of attacking," he couldn't actually attack with his enhanced AV.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Cramer
United States
Provo
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Illusionary Mutation:

Yes you can use IW on a Mutation. No, you cannot and don't have to place it on top of a Common you control, since you are not summoning the unit, just placing it.

Abua Shi's Power: Using Abua's ability takes up his attack,so he can't attack again. His ability is meant to boost other units, not himself.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex W8er
Austria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
vultusprime wrote:

Quote:

I'm sorry, but I don't understand to what you are referring to.

I was referring to your Abua question. Powering up Abua's AV with his Ability and attack with him on the same turn would basically mean that you are attacking twice with the same Unit.
First 'attack' -> triggering Abua's Ability / Second attack -> attack with Abua = not allowed!

Sorry if I have confused you with my explanation.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd
United States
Warren
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is straight from PHG FAQ.

http://www.plaidhatgames.com/games/summoner-wars/deep-dwarve...

Q: Are Mutated Units considered Common Units off the battlefield? E.g. can Illusionary Warrior be used to fetch a Mutation card from the Magic Pile?

A: Yes. Note that the Mutation would have to be placed on an empty space. You cannot place the Mutation on top of a Filth Common Unit or Mutation that is adjacent to your Deep Dwarf Champion or Gem Mage, even if you control that Unit, as the Illusion'ed Mutation is not being summoned.

Can't get a better answer than straight from the man him self.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.