Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Brown
United States
Fort Wayne
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
There is no reason to have two A's at the beginning of aardvark. I simply won't do it.
mbmbmbmbmb
So I've started doing a repaint of the Lambda shuttle to make it look like Jodo Kast's Foxcatch. Not sure what I'm going to do with it yet, but I've having a problem right after the priming. The wings moving are causing the paint to chip. You can see it in the included picture. Now maybe this wont be a problem when I'm all done and have put the sealer on it. Tips?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate Reynolds
United States
mankato
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Did you strip it with anything first? I am in the process of painting my shuttle as well. With the other ships i had no problems just painting right over but for some reasons the shuttle and the slave 1 have a higher sheen to them. I tried painting mine and couldn't even get the primer to adhere properly.

After a soak in simple green overnight the primer stuck much better. Otheriwse you might try hitting it with dullcote or something similar after priming.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Storm
United States
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You used water based 'brush on paint' I bet.

Go to Home depot or lowes and look for krylon 'flat black' spray paint that says 'for plastics'. Unless it specifically says 'for plastic'..then it will chip.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Brown
United States
Fort Wayne
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
There is no reason to have two A's at the beginning of aardvark. I simply won't do it.
mbmbmbmbmb
ppayes wrote:
You used water based 'brush on paint' I bet.

Go to Home depot or lowes and look for krylon 'flat black' spray paint that says 'for plastics'. Unless it specifically says 'for plastic'..then it will chip.
I was using Citadel brand Imperial Primer. Same stuff I used for my falcon and same stuff my friend used for his firespray.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derry Salewski
United States
Augusta
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
I'm only happy when it rains...
mbmbmbmbmb
The model is barely designed well. I'd suggest getting it in the position you want and then gluing it into place. If there's much friction, whatever you put on there will come off short of putting some serious coating over it (which there is not room for if there's already no room for paint . . . )
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Brown
United States
Fort Wayne
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
scifiantihero wrote:
The model is barely designed well. I'd suggest getting it in the position you want and then gluing it into place. If there's much friction, whatever you put on there will come off short of putting some serious coating over it (which there is not room for if there's already no room for paint . . . )
This is what I was considering. Makes it easier with how the wings are trimmed down on mine. Less chance of collision and easier to store. Leaving the wings down may be the answer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.