Dan Mixer
United States
Brooksville
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
Link for the win!
mbmbmbmbmb
In Age of Steam, we think the rules about track building are thus: If you don't add to the track you built last turn then the track is up for grabs to the FIRST person that builds on it, modifies it, etc.

That being the case, this happened in our first game of AoS, you tell me what you think the rules are in this case:

Player 2 builds 3 tracks out from a city he is connected to, the middle one is a town marker so he puts the grey token on it. Next turn, he doesnt build, so the track is now up for grabs. The NEXT turn, he Urbanizes the Town where his 'up for grabs' track is. Does this mean that the one track between the city where the track started and the now Urbanized City now becomes Player 2's?

Thats the way we played it... just wanted to see what you guys (and gals) thought...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Zamborsky
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
badge
"Ah, Denny, I've hardly seen you this episode."
mbmbmbmbmb
When he originally built the track, he should have placed two ownership markers; one in between the city and town (a completed link) and one on the track leading away from the town (uncompleted section).

The next turn, since he did not complete the uncompleted section, his ownership marker is removed (note that he still owns the original track built from city to town).

The following turn when he urbanizes doesn't change much of anything; he still owns the link from the city to the newly urbanized one, and the uncompleted section is still up for grabs.

Hopefully that makes sense.

Icedanno wrote:
In Age of Steam, we think the rules about track building are thus: If you don't add to the track you built last turn then the track is up for grabs to the FIRST person that builds on it, modifies it, etc.

That being the case, this happened in our first game of AoS, you tell me what you think the rules are in this case:

Player 2 builds 3 tracks out from a city he is connected to, the middle one is a town marker so he puts the grey token on it. Next turn, he doesnt build, so the track is now up for grabs. The NEXT turn, he Urbanizes the Town where his 'up for grabs' track is. Does this mean that the one track between the city where the track started and the now Urbanized City now becomes Player 2's?

Thats the way we played it... just wanted to see what you guys (and gals) thought...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Mixer
United States
Brooksville
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
Link for the win!
mbmbmbmbmb
Ahh... I think we were playing it wrong. When you build track through a town spot... even if it's just putting a gray token on that track, that still counts as a completed track? (From the starting city to the hex where the town is)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Flannel Golem
United States
Bemidji
MN
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Icedanno wrote:
When you build track through a town spot... even if it's just putting a gray token on that track, that still counts as a completed track? (From the starting city to the hex where the town is)

yep! meeple Only incomplete sections can be unowned.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Zamborsky
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
badge
"Ah, Denny, I've hardly seen you this episode."
mbmbmbmbmb
The track from the city to the town is a completed link and is owned by the player who built it. The track leading away from the town (even if it's just a tiny one from the other side of the town because that player chose to not add on to it) is owned by that player until the end of his or her next turn; if not completed as a link by then, it becomes unowned.

Icedanno wrote:
Ahh... I think we were playing it wrong. When you build track through a town spot... even if it's just putting a gray token on that track, that still counts as a completed track? (From the starting city to the hex where the town is)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.