Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Doug Bey
United States
Brooklyn Park
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
During the deployment phase, when the druid and certain trees can place vine markers in the arena, can a vine marker spread over/under/through a wall into an adjacent space?

I don't see LOS mentioned anywhere when it comes to vine marker placement... "adjacent" seems to be the only qualifier. So one doesn't need line of sight to the adjacent zone to place a marker?

Thematically, this makes sense with wall of bones, wall of stone, etc... But I'm having a hard time picturing a vine penetrating through a wall of fire to spread to the adjacent zone.

Has this been answered yet?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddard Stark
United States
Suwanee
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
From the FAQ/Codex,

"During the Deployment Phase the Druid may place a new Vine marker. The vines are effectively growing and
spreading on their own, so the Druid ignores range and LoS during their placement. The Vine marker can be
placed in any of these zones:
• In the Druid’s zone.
• In a zone containing another friendly Vine marker.
• In a zone which is adjacent to a zone which contains a friendly Vine marker"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Bey
United States
Brooklyn Park
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
OK... But I'd still love to hear from Arcane Wonders how a vine can grow through a wall of fire?... This exception would be approprite for a future errata, if only for thematic sanity.

Vines grow and expand above ground, not under, so it can't burrow underneath the wall of fire, which means it can only grow through them... My brain hurts every time I see a vine spread through a raging inferno...

And yes, it's just a game... Just sayin'...

Druid Vines: The only fire immune plant in Mage Wars.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddard Stark
United States
Suwanee
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Snotwalker wrote:
OK... But I'd still love to hear from Arcane Wonders how a vine can grow through a wall of fire?... This exception would be approprite for a future errata, if only for thematic sanity.

Vines grow and expand above ground, not under, so it can't burrow underneath the wall of fire, which means it can only grow through them... My brain hurts every time I see a vine spread through a raging inferno...

And yes, it's just a game... Just sayin'...

Druid Vines: The only fire immune plant in Mage Wars.

It's a little odd, but I don't think they wanted to add more terminology by adding a "Root" type thing, so it was consolidated it into the Vine ability.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.