Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Gordy
United States
Eden Prairie
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I played my first game as the Wizard and a question came up that I could not find a specific response in the rules. Does the Wizard' shield (I can't remember the name right now, something that begins with a V) stop critical damage? The rules say that armor does NOT stop critical damage, but the shield does not reference critical or normal damage, it just says damage,thus we assumed that it did, but then this makes it seem over powerful for just a measly 2 mana per turn.

All responses will be appreciated.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddard Stark
United States
Suwanee
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
The shield removes up to three points of damage.

If the wizard has 2 armor, and takes eight total damage, four crit and four non-crit, his armor absorbs 2 of the non-crit damage. Then, the shield removes another three, meaning 3 total damage will be taken.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Turner
United Kingdom
Farnham
Surrey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Which logically implies that the voltaric shield is situated underneath the armor.

Like a pair of magic underpants.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Cooper
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Mage Wars: Beastmaster's Pet
mbmbmbmbmb
Not exactly magic underpants - they don't come out until the next expansion: Mermaid v Magicpants.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Gordy
United States
Eden Prairie
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks - both for the response as well as the image of magic underpants.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.