3 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Recommendations

Subject: Toplshteyner - An All New Dice Only Game rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Christopher Bush
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
I love gambling dice games and I've developed one that I, in my own biased opinion, think is pretty good. But I also think it can be enjoyed by people that just want to play for fun. So I wanted to post the rules somewhere in the hopes that a few of you could scan through them or maybe even play it and get back to me and let me know what you think. Any criticism or suggestion is welcome as long as it's constructive. Also, I’m still not satisfied that I’m writing the rules as intuitively as I probably could so even advice on that would be a great help.

Note: Toplshteyner is Yiddish for Dice. Before anybody asks.

The Rules of Toplshteyner

Equipment: 2 regular D6 dice

No. Of Players: 2 or more (The game works best with 4 or more players. But works well with 2).

Object of The Game: To be the last man standing and win the pot.

•Each player starts the game with three lives. Each life is represented by an amount of money agreed upon before the start of the game (50p or 50c a life for example). If playing for fun, just exchange the money for three of anything you can get your hands on. Poker chips, matchsticks etc.

•Determine who is going to roll first by each rolling a die. The highest number rolls first.

•The first player rolls the dice. They will have either rolled a “point” or a “consequence”. All double rolls (1-1, 2-2, 3-3 etc.) are consequence rolls. Every other combination, except those that equal seven, acts as a point roll.

•Consequence rolls have different effects on the game. See the “List of Consequences” section for full details.

•If a player rolls a point, they must attempt to re-roll that point before they roll a seven. If they manage to re-roll their point, their life is safe and the dice go to the next player. If they roll a seven, they lose a life and the dice goes to the next player. Note: Seven NEVER acts as the point. If a seven is the first number rolled, the player must continue to roll the dice until a valid point or consequence has been rolled.

List of Consequences

•1-1 “Snake Eyes” – Player loses a life. Valid only once per turn. If rolled first the player will lose a life then their point will be two. Rolling double one for the second time will save you a life, not cost you one.

•2-2 “Saving Grace” – Players life is safe and their turn is over. Play moves on.

•3-3 “Threes” – Even if a point has already been set, if 3-3 is rolled, the point is changed to six. The player must then attempt to re-roll a six before they roll a seven, but if they do so by re-rolling 3-3, ALL lives are lost and they lose the game entirely.

•4-4 “Crazy Eight” – Point is set or reverted to two. The player will not lose a life by rolling 1-1. But their odds of re-rolling their point before rolling a seven have vastly decreased.

•5-5 “High Fives” – Elect a player to lose a life. If rolled first it acts as both the point AND the consequence. Valid only once per turn.

•6-6 “Trick Sixes” – Extra Life to a maximum of four lives. Extra lives earned can be reclaimed from the pot if the player has less than three lives. The fourth life is optional because it must come out of the players own pocket. Note: If playing for fun, the fourth life can be taken from the pot also.

And there it is. Thanks for taking the time to look over these rules. If they are too confusing then please let me know so I can adjust them accordingly

P.S. I am aware this is "Board Game" Geek not "Dice" Geek. But I have read a few article on this site covering dice only games so I thought somebody may be interested. If you know of a place a game like this would fit in better, then feel free to direct me to it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Exit 191
United States
Buckeye
Arizona
flag msg tools
Look to the past and learn for the future.
badge
I am pretty sure they world will die now.
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks very interesting. If you really like it make sure to "list" it on the database: here.

The best place to discuss your ideas is over at the design forum.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Bush
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Thank you very much. Will be sure to pay a visit to the design forum.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.