Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rick Teverbaugh
United States
Anderson
Indiana (IN)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Looking for suggestions. Just got my storage box to keep all of my Dominion cards and need an iphone app. Looking for suggestions. Please don't say Vault for an exhaustive search in the iTunes store has revealed only the lite version. Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Taylor Nakamoto
United States
Montrose
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Me too. I'd like one that will work on iPad and handle the Black Market deck.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Klinck
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have one that shows up on my phone as "DominionKD" - It's "Dominion Kingdom Deck" by "Jerry Hsu" in the app store. It handles the Black Market deck, is configurable (you can even add new cards/sets manually), etc. I've been using it as my exclusive randomizer for a long time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Noreen
United States
flag msg tools
Fall in the Midwest
badge
Welcome to fall in the Midwest and a property with a lot of mature trees!
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry, no recommendation for the iPhone...

For the iPad, we use Dominion Deck Builder (Dominion DB). But it doesn't have a feature to set up the black market for you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Kudzma
United States
Millsboro
Delaware
flag msg tools
designer
People are...
badge
SPOCKED!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Weird. Dominion Vault is the best one going but I don't see the full version any more. I tried following the link to the developer site in the app store and it said "server cannot be found".

You have to sign a contract with Apple for paid apps, so I would imagine now that the game is no longer being expanded they simply didn't renew.

That's a shame.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kathy Sheets
United States
Stuart
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have Randominion which I like but I don't mess with the Black Market deck but it does have an option for it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Teverbaugh
United States
Anderson
Indiana (IN)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
iklinck wrote:
I have one that shows up on my phone as "DominionKD" - It's "Dominion Kingdom Deck" by "Jerry Hsu" in the app store. It handles the Black Market deck, is configurable (you can even add new cards/sets manually), etc. I've been using it as my exclusive randomizer for a long time.

Found that one but it doesn't go past Prosperity so not useful.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Noreen
United States
flag msg tools
Fall in the Midwest
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
iklinck wrote:

I can't find this in the app store.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Noreen
United States
flag msg tools
Fall in the Midwest
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ngwilliam wrote:
iklinck wrote:

Never mind! I'm an idiot; I had the option set to iPad only.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kathy Sheets
United States
Stuart
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ngwilliam wrote:
iklinck wrote:

Noreen, just search 'dominion' and it's the 3rd one that comes up. And the 4th one is Randominion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Noreen
United States
flag msg tools
Fall in the Midwest
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mamadallama wrote:
ngwilliam wrote:
iklinck wrote:

Noreen, just search 'dominion' and it's the 3rd one that comes up. And the 4th one is Randominion.

Yep, I had forgotten to turn off 'iPad only' shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gregory Mucklow
United Kingdom
Swindon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
iklinck wrote:
I have one that shows up on my phone as "DominionKD" - It's "Dominion Kingdom Deck" by "Jerry Hsu"

Just checked it out but it doesn't have Dark Ages onwards...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Klinck
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
PuzzlingEnigma wrote:
iklinck wrote:
I have one that shows up on my phone as "DominionKD" - It's "Dominion Kingdom Deck" by "Jerry Hsu"

Ah... I only have the original set, Intrigue, and some promos.

It does let you add new sets & cards manually - would a little extra effort up-front solve your problem?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt E
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
iklinck wrote:
PuzzlingEnigma wrote:
iklinck wrote:

Ah... I only have the original set, Intrigue, and some promos.

It does let you add new sets & cards manually - would a little extra effort up-front solve your problem?

It doesn't have Cornucopia onward, which means that even if you add the new sets manually, it doesn't choose a Bane card for Young Witch and it doesn't randomize Shelters for you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If there's no restriction in it being a native app that's accessible without internet access, then there's also this non-native app you can use if you have internet access.

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/1201664/randomizer-web-a...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niclas Matikainen
Sweden
Gävle
Sverige
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll throw in another vote for Randominion. It's got everything released before Prince, and handles both Black Market and Bane card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Teverbaugh
United States
Anderson
Indiana (IN)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Do any of these decide when to use Colony and Platinum? Or let you know when other things are needed like mats or coins?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan James
United States
Davis
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
randominion takes care of potions/platinums/colonies/shelters, but oddly not ruins, nor mats/coins.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Biodiesel
United States
Manassas
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Test
D-vault, or dominion vault, is what I use. One of only two apps I've paid money for....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Teverbaugh
United States
Anderson
Indiana (IN)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sappington wrote:
D-vault, or dominion vault, is what I use. One of only two apps I've paid money for....

I got it and have been playing with it a bit. Does it random pick colony and platinum for you?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dale Stephenson
United States
Buford
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
rickert wrote:
Sappington wrote:

I got it and have been playing with it a bit. Does it random pick colony and platinum for you?

Yes, random pick of colony/platinum and shelters. It re-rolls each time you replace cards in your set, and also allows a manual re-roll if you have any cards from the appropriate set.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Teverbaugh
United States
Anderson
Indiana (IN)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dalestephenson wrote:
rickert wrote:
Sappington wrote:

Yes, random pick of colony/platinum and shelters. It re-rolls each time you replace cards in your set, and also allows a manual re-roll if you have any cards from the appropriate set.

So you need to re-roll to get the shelters or colony and platinum to show up?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Newton
United Kingdom
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
badge
In the interest of giving credit where credit is due, my avatar is a scan of a hand-drawn caricature by cartoonist Jim Naylor which was done at my company's 20th anniversary dinner.
mbmbmbmbmb
rickert wrote:
dalestephenson wrote:
rickert wrote:
Sappington wrote:

So you need to re-roll to get the shelters or colony and platinum to show up?

You don't need to - it does that for you with each random selection, (I'm not sure about when replacing an individual card, I've never noticed it do that - maybe it depends on whether the proportion of each set has changed). But you can also manually re-roll for them if you want.

After a random selection, the title bar colour shows whether colony/platinum are currently selected, but there is also a control to display the currently required/selected "extras" (colony/platinum, shelters, ruins, potions, tokens, mats etc) in a pop-up message box which has a re-roll button.

As far as I can tell, the only real use would be for "force" them to be used (or not used) by re-rolling until they show up (or go away) if you want to manually override the random decision so that the list of extras is correct and/or they are included if you save the kingdom.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Teverbaugh
United States
Anderson
Indiana (IN)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Can you tell me more about the title bar color?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Newton
United Kingdom
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
badge
In the interest of giving credit where credit is due, my avatar is a scan of a hand-drawn caricature by cartoonist Jim Naylor which was done at my company's 20th anniversary dinner.
mbmbmbmbmb
rickert wrote:
Can you tell me more about the title bar color?

I'll go one better than that and show you ...

The first image is a random game selection (from Intrigue and Prosperity, as it happens - what I was playing with last session) without Colonies/Platinum, and has the usual black title bar.

I then tapped the new random selection button (the "refresh" button with spinning arrows on the top-right) and got the selection in the second image which did just happen to have Colonies & Platinum selected and has a silver top and bottom bar (the colour of Platinum?).

When I tap the more info icon (exclamation mark at the bottom right) I get the pop-up as shown in the third image, which would allow me to re-roll if I wanted a "second opinion" on that.

And I've just some more playing around, and Shelters causes the top/bottom bar to go a light brown colour, and if both are in use then the top bar goes silver and the bottom bar is brown.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.