Popular Tags: [View All]
Jakub Kircun
United States
Woods Hole
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't know if anybody else has noticed but the new edition maps shows the French Alps as all "Rough" (light brown) terrain without any "Mountain" (dark brown)terrain. I'm assuming this is an errata.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Fung
United States
Old Greenwich
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kubaman wrote:
I don't know if anybody else has noticed but the new edition maps shows the French Alps as all "Rough" (light brown) terrain without any "Mountain" (dark brown)terrain. I'm assuming this is an errata.

The map was probably changed to fill in the rough map area. The original map had the terrain artwork end by Italy/Switzerland. That area isn't much fought over since its next to the non-playing area even next to Grenoble, so I don't think this is errata.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jakub Kircun
United States
Woods Hole
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes you can actually see the line used in the filling-in of the mountains. Well I don't disagree that this is not a part of the map that is used very often, but I still think they should have kept the mountainous terrain. That part of the French Alps has extremely rugged terrain and it looks weird to have the Carpathians shown in dark brown and not the Alps.

First Edition

Second Edition
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Björn Hansson
Sweden
Bromma
Stockholm
flag msg tools
Forza Vale!
badge
The world is full of kings and queens, who blind your eyes and steal your dreams.
mbmbmbmbmb
kubaman wrote:
That part of the French Alps has extremely rugged terrain and it looks weird to have the Carpathians shown in dark brown and not the Alps.

I agree.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.