Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Aron F.
United States
Champaign
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
On Amazon, it's suddenly $64. On Ebay, I see some copies have sold for $125.

Boardgameprices.com shows one Canadian online retailer that has it for $31. Every other store seems to be out of stock.

When did this happen? Has it always been hard to find?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Edwards
United States
Nashville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I had it in my cart yesterday on Amazon for $34 dollars. While debating what else to buy to get the order over $35 for free shipping, it doubled in price. I'm guessing its Spiel des Jahres nomination had a great deal to do with it's sudden scarcity, though it's been at the top of the Hotness for a while now. I'm hoping this doesnt turn into the next Caverna or Dice Masters. I really wanted to get this to play with my wife.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Edwards
United States
Nashville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
louper wrote:
CoolStuffInc has 20+ copies for $26.99 each.

Which does seem weird because yeah, Cardhaus and MiniatureMarket are both out of stock.
That's interesting. CoolStuff said out of stock last night. Oh well, buying it...

Edit Just confirming-my order went through. And it actually came out the same price I was about it get it for on Amazon, even with shipping. So yay. I'd rather order from Coolstuff

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roach 4
Canada
Gatineau
flag msg tools
louper wrote:

Which does seem weird because yeah, Cardhaus and MiniatureMarket are both out of stock.

but it's true! I got myself one of those 20+ copies!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aron F.
United States
Champaign
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oph1d1an wrote:
louper wrote:

That's interesting. CoolStuff said out of stock last night. Oh well, buying it...

Edit Just confirming-my order went through. And it actually came out the same price I was about it get it for on Amazon, even with shipping. So yay. I'd rather order from Coolstuff

Weird. My guess is that they are pretty low. Even with 20+ copies in stock now, I wouldn't be too surprised if it sells out today.

It looks like http://timewellspent.org also has 5 copies in stock. But, they aren't showing up at boardgameprices.com either.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Last
msg tools
mb
I have bought a French version of the game by mistake , it turn out that the whole game depends on the colors & numbers , so I download the English rules & there I have English version of the game .
What I mean that you can buy any version of the game from Canada , Italy, France or Germany , it doesn't matter . all you have to do is to download the English rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Asa Swain
United States
Queens
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just missed a chance to buy a copy from CSI. I hope that it will be reprinted soon. (I'm worried because the manufacturer is a small company)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aron F.
United States
Champaign
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
quartex wrote:
I just missed a chance to buy a copy from CSI. I hope that it will be reprinted soon. (I'm worried because the manufacturer is a small company)

Well, hurry up and get one from TWS (see my last post). I just checked, and they still have 4 left.

Alternatively, you could spend $322 for this one from Ebay:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/321459256174

lol
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
uigrad wrote:
quartex wrote:

Well, hurry up and get one from TWS (see my last post). I just checked, and they still have 4 left.

Alternatively, you could spend $322 for this one from Ebay:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/321459256174

lol

Just picked one of those last four up. Thanks for the link!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Tompkins
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Amazon has them in stock for $34.00

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ebon Hawk
United States
Janesville
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
BoardandContent wrote:
Amazon has them in stock for $34.00

I just ordered it from Amazon. I have played a demo copy several times and two day prime shipping means I get it for my next gaming session!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Sokolowsky
United States
Laurel
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Amazon's price is now $36.06. Coolstuff is out of stock on their website but they are a seller on Amazon for the same as the Amazon price.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Asa Swain
United States
Queens
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks everyone, I just bought a copy from amazon.com!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aron F.
United States
Champaign
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Amazon shows 1 in stock for $34.42+$3.99 s/h from CSI. The next cheapest is $59.99.

But, Amazon also shows that it can be bought from Amazon itself for $38.41 (qualifies for Prime), but it's backordered and won't be in stock until Aug 6th.

So, it seems that copies are being sent out to distributors slowly, and it's just enough to meet the demand at this time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Janik-Jones
Canada
Waterloo
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Up Front fan | In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this | Combat Commander series fan | The Raven King (game publisher) ... that's me! | Fields of Fire fan
badge
Slywester Janik, awarded the Krzyż Walecznych (Polish Cross of Valour), August 1944
mbmbmbmbmb
uigrad wrote:
Boardgameprices.com shows one Canadian online retailer that has it for $31. Every other store seems to be out of stock.

Less than two hours ago I grabbed the last copy off the shelf at my FLGS for $32. Feeling pretty pleased with myself.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr. E
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TimeWellSpent games has 2 copies (International Edition) currently in stock at $28.99 (not counting Shipping).

I've ordered a couple of times from them, they are in Colorado, and have had a great experience each time.

UPDATE: Sold Out now

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ParisianDreams
msg tools
badge
It's so FLUFFY!!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Sold out at all 4 LGS here and all my favourite online Canadian retailers. Amazon.ca was $75+, not what I'm willing to pay for a game that retails for $35. Did one last search and found it in stock at a Canadian retailer for $35. Added 2 more games that I wanted, one that is OOS at all local retailers and 1 that is OOP and HTF.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Janik-Jones
Canada
Waterloo
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Up Front fan | In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this | Combat Commander series fan | The Raven King (game publisher) ... that's me! | Fields of Fire fan
badge
Slywester Janik, awarded the Krzyż Walecznych (Polish Cross of Valour), August 1944
mbmbmbmbmb
ParisPink wrote:
Sold out at all 4 LGS here and all my favourite online Canadian retailers. Amazon.ca was $75+, not what I'm willing to pay for a game that retails for $35. Did one last search and found it in stock at a Canadian retailer for $35. Added 2 more games that I wanted, one that is OOS at all local retailers and 1 that is OOP and HTF.

Call J&J in Waterloo on their 1-800 line and they may have an extra copy in the back. Worth a try.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bobby Griggs
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I was bummed to discover I had to have a copy after reading several reviews and then noting that none of the usual suspect had Splendor in stock. A quick web search by publisher SKU turned up this unknown (to me):

http://wethemeeple.co/splendor/

They are a new online retailer in Austin, Texas. So, I picked up the phone and called them and spoke to Hayden at length. He confirmed they have ~6 copies in stock. I ordered one. Check them out if you need a copy. While based in Austin, they fulfill out of some other state so I couldn't swing by and pick up a copy...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I had a plan...
United States
Vancouver
Washington
flag msg tools
The die is cast.
badge
You say OCD like it's a bad thing.
mbmbmbmbmb
Back in stock at Coolstuffinc.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Lutton
United States
Lexington Park
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was lucky and called around to some of my local game stores and one of them still had a few copies in stock. My worry was that the upcoming reprint won't be the same quality as the first run (although a few people have said they don't think that will be the case - it'll likely be the exact same run). Fortunately it was only about $40, although now I see CSI has it in stock for $27 or so.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.