Popular Tags: [View All]
Matt Smith
United States
Troy
Michigan
flag msg tools
It's a love/hate relationship.
badge
Check out my board game instructional videos on my YouTube channel: "The Game Explainer".
mbmbmbmbmb
Spurs spent prior to rolling the red dice for movement add one die for each spur spent. Since there are only 3 red/blue dice, if you need to roll more than 3, do you simply choose dice to re-roll? Do you get to keep both the original value and the re-rolled value of any re-rolled dice?

For example: I'm the Cowboy, who has 3 red movement dice. I spend 2 spurs at the start of my turn, so now I get to roll 5 red dice. I roll the 3 available dice and get 2, 2, 3. I re-roll both 2's and get 1 and 1.

Do I get to keep the original 2's? If I had 5 physical dice, I would have rolled 1, 1, 2, 2, 3, and had 5 movement. With the re-roll result, I only have 4 movement.

Same question applies to the blue dice (assuming it's possible to roll more than 3 blue dice). Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Bancroft
United States
Elk Grove
California
flag msg tools
badge
Durp
mbmbmbmbmb
mvettemagred wrote:
Spurs spent prior to rolling the red dice for movement add one die for each spur spent. Since there are only 3 red/blue dice, if you need to roll more than 3, do you simply choose dice to re-roll? Do you get to keep both the original value and the re-rolled value of any re-rolled dice?

For example: I'm the Cowboy, who has 3 red movement dice. I spend 2 spurs at the start of my turn, so now I get to roll 5 red dice. I roll the 3 available dice and get 2, 2, 3. I re-roll both 2's and get 1 and 1.

Do I get to keep the original 2's? If I had 5 physical dice, I would have rolled 1, 1, 2, 2, 3, and had 5 movement. With the re-roll result, I only have 4 movement.

Same question applies to the blue dice (assuming it's possible to roll more than 3 blue dice). Thanks.

When ever you decide to use a spur its going to basically give you a +1 bonus to all dice rolls and draws from your bag for the rest of your turn. So its good to use a spur in the beginning of your turn so you get the most out of it. Yes you can roll more than 3 blue/red dice, that's why I got an extra set cool
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Miller
United States
Saint Charles
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Extra set... huuuuhhhh?

Please tell where you procured your extra set!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Herb Leist

Hagerstown
Maryland
msg tools
mbmbmb
Yes, please do tell how you got an extra set of dice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Bancroft
United States
Elk Grove
California
flag msg tools
badge
Durp
mbmbmbmbmb
I did a trade with Sean Brown for a custom set up(game pieces) that he's taking to GenCon for an extra set of dice in return. A win-win for all! It will look something like this:

It was mentioned on the Spurs kickstarter page as one of the updates.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.