Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Hammons
United States
Santa Monica
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Replace, I assume they're better balanced than the original conversion kit cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason
United States
Arnold
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There's some changes, so I keep the HMCs and set aside the CK ones.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Wionzek
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Replace everything with newer versions, set the old versions aside.

I don't have the old Hero miniatures, so that's the main reason to get the HMCs for me...tho' at this point I have 24 Hero figures so I'm not sure I really need many more of those, even for "perfect representation".

I got the first HMC just for the Beastmen that don't have way-too-low health, that was my main reasoning.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darren Nakamura
United States
Columbus
Mississippi
flag msg tools
http://www.destructoid.com/author.phtml?a=1364
badge
Darren@destructoid.com
mbmbmbmbmb
In play, I'd replace the Conversion Kit versions once I got the Hero and Monster Collection versions. That said, I wouldn't get rid of the old stuff, but I'd probably just keep it in a box somewhere.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The rules that come with the Hero/Monster sets actually state that you have to replace the ones from the CK.

I was probably going to ditch my CK hero/monster cards, so I could return my CK heroes and monsters back to my 1st Ed box...

-shnar
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Williams
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
BITS FOR THE BITS GOD!
badge
Staring in dumbfounded terror at Frans Raynor's neckbeard.
mbmbmbmbmb
It only makes sense to upgrade both Heroes and Monsters to their newest versions, as they include both positive and negative changes on both sides; it would be unfair to pick and choose.

I'm one of the unfortunates who spent $300+ tracking down the monsters 2nd hand for use with the Conversion Kit, and since I only got the minis and own nothing else from 1st edition, there's no reason to keep the ugly old ones around. So as I resell them for scant fractions of what I bought them at, I include the cards to try and increase the odds of them selling if somebody only wants a single monster group for cheap instead of the complete package the Hero and Monster Kit offers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Wionzek
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
IncrediSteve wrote:
I'm one of the unfortunates who spent $300+ tracking down the monsters 2nd hand for use with the Conversion Kit, and since I only got the minis and own nothing else from 1st edition, there's no reason to keep the ugly old ones around. So as I resell them for scant fractions of what I bought them at, I include the cards to try and increase the odds of them selling if somebody only wants a single monster group for cheap instead of the complete package the Hero and Monster Kit offers.

I got lucky and got the entire monster set for $70...unfortunately without the hero figs.

Hmm reselling the old monsters...I may look into that, good idea.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.