Hide
11 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » BoardGameGeek Community » BoardGameGeek Community

Subject: Hello World! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mariano Lahoz
msg tools
Hello BGG! Im new here. Im from Argentina, im 28 almost 29. Im a System administrator, looking for new hobbies.

Despite of being new on Board Games, I love playing with my PS3 and PC, im also a retired player/judge of Magic the gathering. Im looking forward a new hobby, after a long research I decided to buy my first 2 games that seemed to be a "safe buy", Ticket to Ride: Europe and Carcassonne, I cant be more happy, i've finally found a hobby to share with my girlfriend, she won the first 2 games of TTR:E btw

Luckily for me, here in my city a friend is a Board Game fan and is helping me find my styles of games and what is recommended and whats not!

And I think that's me!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gregg S.
United States
North Chesterfield
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello, and welcome!

I used to play my XBox 360 several hours each day. Once introduced to board games a couple of years ago, and my XBox hasn't even been powered on since then. Sad, actually. I still need to "finish" Skyrim.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith McNeil
United States
Watertown
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Welcome! You have come to the right place. BGG is an amazing community and the site itself has many useful tools, though they are often obscured by the (largely customizable) clutter. I recommend taking a look at the BGG Wiki. Check out the Quickbar, for example. Took me a year before I even noticed it and was shown how useful it is.

marianz wrote:
Hello BGG! Im new here. Im from Argentina, im 28 almost 29. Im a System administrator, looking for new hobbies.

Despite of being new on Board Games, I love playing with my PS3 and PC, im also a retired player/judge of Magic the gathering. Im looking forward a new hobby, after a long research I decided to buy my first 2 games that seemed to be a "safe buy", Ticket to Ride: Europe and Carcassonne, I cant be more happy, i've finally found a hobby to share with my girlfriend, she won the first 2 games of TTR:E btw

Luckily for me, here in my city a friend is a Board Game fan and is helping me find my styles of games and what is recommended and whats not!

And I think that's me!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Ramos
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
Sing, o muse, of the wrath of Achilles...
mbmbmbmbmb
Welcome aboard! There are so many games to choose from these days, this is truly the golden age of tabletop games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Liam
Scotland
flag msg tools
admin
badge
I am BGG's official honey trap
mbmbmbmbmb
welcomeblankMariano

meeple
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mariano Lahoz
msg tools
Thanks you all for your welcome! Im waiting for my new pandemic game
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Intres
United States
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Welcome aboard, Mariano! Any fan of Ticket to Ride is a fan of mine, I mean friend of mine. You know what I mean. Just be a fan of mine and a friend and everything does smoothly. I'm really easy to get along with when things go my way
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M. B.
Canada
flag msg tools
Look down.
badge
Ooooo! Ahhhhh!
mbmbmbmbmb
Welcome. Enjoy your time and make yourself at home. It's an adventure. thumbsup
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ezequiel Wittner
Argentina
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
marianz wrote:

And I think that's me!

Hello Mariano!
I am fomr argentina too, living in Coghlan, Capital Federal.
At home, with my wife, we are hosting weekly meetings to play new boardgames. If you want to join please send me a message!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doron David
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Mariano and welcome. Board games have opened my eyes to a new level of social interaction. Nothing is better than having friends over and actually have a conversation face-to-face off a mobile device. Also, as a family man, this is a great way of getting closer with my young kids. Indeed - consoles stay OFF more often than ON.
The only problem I face (as well as many others) is an extensive library of games (around 200 at the moment), realizing I won't get to play them all. Other than that, this is one of the best hobbies out there.

Doron

Click HERE for a Geeklist of all my video walkthroughs
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
paul cleveland
United States
Bellingham
Washington
flag msg tools
“You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation.” ― Plato
badge
"Kindness is the language which the deaf can hear and the blind can see. " -Unknown author ?
mbmbmbmbmb

Welcome Mariano. You will be happy with your first 2 purchases as they are both top-notch games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.