3 Posts

Cosmic Encounter» Forums » Rules

Subject: Hate Wild Flare Question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rune Steele
msg tools
Hello!

New to Cosmic Encounter (Amazing game!), and I have a quick question about the Hate wild flare power that tripped up a game.

Quote:
Wild: As a main player, before encounter cards are selected, you may force your opponent to discard one card at random from his or her hand. If he or she has no encounter cards left after doing so, you win the encounter.

I was attacking a player with one card left on my first encounter. I used this and won automatically. On my second encounter, the Dictator had me attack the same player again and I wanted to use this card again.

The defending player wasn't required to play any encounter cards up to this point, so he hadn't drawn new cards. Because of this, we weren't sure if using the Hate card would grant another automatic win, wouldn't work because he technically had no cards to take, weren't looking at the rules correctly about drawing new cards, or something else.

Any help is appreciated, thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Homer Simpson
Israel
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wild Hate is played on the Planning phase. If the defense has no encounter cards in his hand at the start of the Planning phase, he draws a new hand. It has to be the first thing that is happening on the Planning phase.

Then, you can play that Wild Hate and make him discard down to seven cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rune Steele
msg tools
Awesome, thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.