Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
19 Posts

Zombicide Season 3: Rue Morgue» Forums » General

Subject: not understanding: team deck Season 3 rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Moira Reade
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There's an optional buy for a Team Building Deck for $10 and a stretch goal at $1,000K for a Team Building Deck.

What is the difference?? Or is the Team Building Deck now included and you can optionally purchase a second? If so, why would you?

Thanks for your help


 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Rupp
United States
Marion
Iowa
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Rheostaticsfan wrote:
There's an optional buy for a Team Building Deck for $10 and a stretch goal at $1,000K for a Team Building Deck.

What is the difference?? Or is the Team Building Deck now included and you can optionally purchase a second? If so, why would you?

Thanks for your help




It's the same.

Why would you purchase a second? Well, if you had money burning a hole in your pocket for one....
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Trudgen
United States
Davenport
Florida
flag msg tools
Seize the game!
badge
Truly Scrumtrulescent!
Avatar
mbmbmbmb
rrrrupp wrote:
Rheostaticsfan wrote:
There's an optional buy for a Team Building Deck for $10 and a stretch goal at $1,000K for a Team Building Deck.

What is the difference?? Or is the Team Building Deck now included and you can optionally purchase a second? If so, why would you?

Thanks for your help




It's the same.

Why would you purchase a second? Well, if you had money burning a hole in your pocket for one....


Use one as a randomizer, use one set as proxy miniatures, use one set to randomly assign extra survivors for objective prizes...
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Rupp
United States
Marion
Iowa
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
mattimeo84 wrote:
rrrrupp wrote:
Rheostaticsfan wrote:
There's an optional buy for a Team Building Deck for $10 and a stretch goal at $1,000K for a Team Building Deck.

What is the difference?? Or is the Team Building Deck now included and you can optionally purchase a second? If so, why would you?

Thanks for your help




It's the same.

Why would you purchase a second? Well, if you had money burning a hole in your pocket for one....


Use one as a randomizer, use one set as proxy miniatures, use one set to randomly assign extra survivors for objective prizes...


Why would you need 3 decks when you can do all of that with the same deck? :shake:

The only possible reason (besides backup replacements) would be if you planned on using them in stands for miniatures you don't have and you insist on having them be double sided.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mikael mordai
Denmark
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
To be honest i dont even see why you would need even one of these sets...
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Freelance Police
United States
Palo Alto
California
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Since their backs are now identical to equipment cards, you can also now use them as "rescued" survivors.

Be creative, folks.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Rupp
United States
Marion
Iowa
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Sam and Max wrote:
Since their backs are now identical to equipment cards, you can also now use them as "rescued" survivors.

Be creative, folks.


But why would you need a second deck to achieve this? Even if you use them to figure out who gets what survivor at the start, you'd still just shuffle in the cards not drawn to the equipment deck. There's no reason to have a second deck just for shuffling in.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr. Cooper
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
rrrrupp wrote:
Sam and Max wrote:
Since their backs are now identical to equipment cards, you can also now use them as "rescued" survivors.

Be creative, folks.


But why would you need a second deck to achieve this? Even if you use them to figure out who gets what survivor at the start, you'd still just shuffle in the cards not drawn to the equipment deck. There's no reason to have a second deck just for shuffling in.
Same reason many Kickstarters often allow you to buy more than one base-game, etc. Game clubs and retailers may want multiple copies (rather than one per pledge), and some supporters may be adding components for friends.

I can't imagine why you would need multiple copies yourself.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mikael mordai
Denmark
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Why not make something that actually have a purpose instead?...while i am (at least i think i am)proppely one of gamers in here that play the least zombicide i still have never had the problem that we couldnt figure out wich survivors we wanted to play...
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mikael mordai
Denmark
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Would rather see some magnetic counters to track xp...
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Drew
United States
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Rheostaticsfan wrote:
There's an optional buy for a Team Building Deck for $10 and a stretch goal at $1,000K for a Team Building Deck.

What is the difference?? Or is the Team Building Deck now included and you can optionally purchase a second? If so, why would you?

Thanks for your help




Another reason is that you could pledge $1.00 and then add on for the optional buys without getting season 3 and stretch goals.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Nolin
Japan
Nakamachi, Hiroshima
Hiroshima-ken
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
While I don't have a reason to get a second deck, is there a reason why they shouldn't include it as an optional buy? They've include the old stuff as optional buys, so why wouldn't they include the new stuff?
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trent Reznor
msg tools
mb
brandoch wrote:
Rheostaticsfan wrote:
There's an optional buy for a Team Building Deck for $10 and a stretch goal at $1,000K for a Team Building Deck.

What is the difference?? Or is the Team Building Deck now included and you can optionally purchase a second? If so, why would you?

Thanks for your help




Another reason is that you could pledge $1.00 and then add on for the optional buys without getting season 3 and stretch goals.


Never even thought of that. I'm a total KS n00b, haven't backed anything, yet. So you're saying I could just pledge a couple of bucks and just buy a guest artist box, the BBT Leonard or whatever my heart desires and nothing else? I thought, you basically have to get S3 or S3+AN and just the rest is optional.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicholas Aldrich
United States
Wausau
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
They said that with two sets one could use the cards to see who gets what survivor, and then you could use another deck for objectives, rescue operations, put them into the equipment deck, etc.

Could probably get by with one deck though as I'm not sure why you would pick the same character twice (can't be an objective if you are already using the character).
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Drew
United States
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
9inchnail wrote:
brandoch wrote:
Rheostaticsfan wrote:
There's an optional buy for a Team Building Deck for $10 and a stretch goal at $1,000K for a Team Building Deck.

What is the difference?? Or is the Team Building Deck now included and you can optionally purchase a second? If so, why would you?

Thanks for your help




Another reason is that you could pledge $1.00 and then add on for the optional buys without getting season 3 and stretch goals.


Never even thought of that. I'm a total KS n00b, haven't backed anything, yet. So you're saying I could just pledge a couple of bucks and just buy a guest artist box, the BBT Leonard or whatever my heart desires and nothing else? I thought, you basically have to get S3 or S3+AN and just the rest is optional.


I'm still fairly new to KS as well but I believe that would work since the optional buys are available to everyone, and the minimum pledge is $1.00. Now that I've checked on it I don't think you would get stretch goals though.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Rupp
United States
Marion
Iowa
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
You won't get the pledge manager without picking a pledge tier so you need to pledge at least $100 to get any add-ons. Many people were bit by this in their arcadia quest campaign. Don't just throw your money away.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Drew
United States
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
rrrrupp wrote:
You won't get the pledge manager without picking a pledge tier so you need to pledge at least $100 to get any add-ons. Many people were bit by this in their arcadia quest campaign. Don't just throw your money away.


Ah, thanks. I already got in at $150, but thanks for cluing me in.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Angelus Seniores
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
if you use 2 decks you can avoid reshuffling.
ie use one deck for selecting your starting character and the 2nd deck mixed into the equipment deck, so between games you dont need to sort the decks again.
just discard and redraw when a double character is selected

another reason is if you would use these decks for a more interactive action sequence, mostly fun for PvP.
if you setup an action deck from 2 or 3 team decks;
during the survivor turn you draw the top card to see which survivor acts next: it can then perform 1 of its actions/free abilities.
continue as such for each survivor until they have all used their actions (reshuffle the deck as needed if there are still actions left).
this way the survivors alternate their actions which can give cinematic sequences
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moira Reade
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Angelsenior wrote:
if you use 2 decks you can avoid reshuffling.
ie use one deck for selecting your starting character and the 2nd deck mixed into the equipment deck, so between games you dont need to sort the decks again.
just discard and redraw when a double character is selected

another reason is if you would use these decks for a more interactive action sequence, mostly fun for PvP.
if you setup an action deck from 2 or 3 team decks;
during the survivor turn you draw the top card to see which survivor acts next: it can then perform 1 of its actions/free abilities.
continue as such for each survivor until they have all used their actions (reshuffle the deck as needed if there are still actions left).
this way the survivors alternate their actions which can give cinematic sequences


Excellent answer. Thanks so much!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.