1 Posts

Android: Netrunner» Forums » General

Subject: [Deck} My Professor deck: Wise Old Man rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Cameron Busby
United States
flag msg tools
The Professor: Keeper of Knowledge (48 cards)

1 / 1 influence: •

Event (25)

3 Diesel
2 Dirty Laundry
3 Freelance Coding Contract
2 Infiltration
2 Levy AR Lab Access
2 Modded
2 Notoriety
2 Scavenge
2 Sure Gamble
1 Surge •
1 Test Run
1 The Maker's Eye
2 Tinkering

Hardware (4)

2 Clone Chip
2 Omni-Drive

Resource (3)

1 Professional Contacts
2 Same Old Thing

Icebreaker (8)

1 Corroder
1 Crypsis
1 Faerie
1 Femme Fatale
1 Morning Star
1 Ninja
1 Passport
1 Yog.0

Program (8)

1 Chakana
1 Datasucker
1 Deep Thought
1 Disrupter
1 Djinn
1 Imp
1 Medium
1 Parasite

The crux of this build relies on generating economy through Freelance Coding Contract. Beyond that, it's important to keep an eye on what the Corp is trying to achieve and snag the right pieces you need to get into servers. With the spread I have, I've found that playing smart and only putting out programs that immediately benefit me have allowed the trashing of programs for cash very reliable. And it's comforting to know that even if I trash a valuable breaker early on, I can Levy AR Lab Access everything and try it all over again. I've found that this type of recursion lets you build your rig with a few pieces, shuffle up, add more, and put yourself in place for the mid-late game. Of course, early game can be hit or miss, but you're bound to dig up something useful with this build. MU isn't a problem if you replace programs as needed, which seems to be the way the Professor operates.

The one influence is spent on Surge to capitalize on the abundance of virus programs I run in here. Generating a virus token pool can buy you a turn of purging, which might be the distraction you need to break in. Or they ignore them and you build up. Depends on how pressured the Corp feels on the turn in question. Either way, seems to work for the deck.
 Thumb up
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.