Marc S
United States
Collegeville
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
https://www.tanga.com/forum/blogs/c2af4faa5fb4%2Ffree-shippi...

Free shipping all day, Monday, July 21.

Use code JULYSHIP

Offer ends July 21, 2014 at 11:59pm Pacific.

Board Games & related items can be found here: https://www.tanga.com/deals/kids-toys-games
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gene Warren
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Awww, beat me to it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rachel Poulos
United States
Worcester
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Almost bought The Ares Project from CSI today, but didn't want to make a $100 order. Now I got it for less and free shipping - thanks! $12.99, not bad.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Michaud
United States
Longwood
Florida
flag msg tools
On-Line Want List Generator - Hopefully Making Math Trades a Little Bit Easier
badge
Captain Kirk, Captain Picard, Captain Sisko, Captain Janeway, Captain Archer
mbmbmbmbmb
get in on this deal while you can as you may have to wait until next week for another tanga free ship deal
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Ferguson
United States
Howell
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks like some interesting stuff. I haven't been to ZMan (I mean Tanga), in a while.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David
Canada
Prince George
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
Wise men say, forgiveness is divine, but never pay full price for late pizza.
mbmbmbmbmb
I actually like this today. I am getting my new suits tomorrow and need some cufflinks for a couple of the shirts that come with them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Pitner
United States
Plano
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just wanted to post a courtesy note that you do take a slight risk if you go for this deal as far as packaging when shipping. I ordered Ares Project two free shipping deals ago and Livingstone the last free shipping deal. In both cases they did not put the game inside a box - only put it in a poly bag. The games did survive, but the corner of the boxes would of course have the expected dings and bruises when you ship in that manner.

Since my box contents were okay, I'll survive.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David
Canada
Prince George
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
Wise men say, forgiveness is divine, but never pay full price for late pizza.
mbmbmbmbmb
stpitner wrote:
Just wanted to post a courtesy note that you do take a slight risk if you go for this deal as far as packaging when shipping. I ordered Ares Project two free shipping deals ago and Livingstone the last free shipping deal. In both cases they did not put the game inside a box - only put it in a poly bag. The games did survive, but the corner of the boxes would of course have the expected dings and bruises when you ship in that manner.

Since my box contents were okay, I'll survive.

Ditto this. Gonzaga and Liberte were packed well in boxes. Portobello Market was in a poly bag. Since Tanga is the middle man and doesn't ship, you're gambling on the vendor.

Also, no good cufflinks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean F
United States
Puyallup
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Has anyone tried the YuCatan Adventure:The Settlers of Catan Game? It appears to be a tile frame for Settlers. It's kind of an odd shape and I'm wondering if the base game fits snuggly without adding the expansion tiles.

Edit: nevermind, thanks. $9.99 on Amazon with Prime and the reviews are mixed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
aaron Haycraft

Louisville
Kentucky
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Does anyone know anything about Grimoire? It sounds interesting, but there seems to be a lack of reviews and stuff out about it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Boat
United States
Ankeny
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
enigmahfc wrote:
Does anyone know anything about Grimoire? It sounds interesting, but there seems to be a lack of reviews and stuff out about it.

I've owned it once before, traded it away, now I am buying it back with this free shipping deal. I wouldn't call it an extraordinary game, but the novelty of each player having a spell book and the simultaneous action selection can be fun. I traded it away because I thought the spellbook actions were a bit generic and didn't progress much as the game went on, but I've found myself missing the game for some reason and want to get it back for another try, so I guess that says something...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Emeryville
California
flag msg tools
badge
Sometimes life is scary and dark. That is why we must find the light. -BMO
mbmbmbmbmb
enigmahfc wrote:

I did quite a bit of research during the last free shipping sale, and I picked up Grimoire. I haven't played it yet, but it was a pretty easy decision for me to pick it up.

I like simultaneous action selection, and the mechanism is novel and might be a good entry point for some ppl I know.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Libby
United States
Middletown
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
goatsarecool wrote:
Almost bought The Ares Project from CSI today, but didn't want to make a $100 order. Now I got it for less and free shipping - thanks! $12.99, not bad.

Rachel, I almost did the exact thing. Not sure I need to add yet more games to the bursting pile, but what the hell you only live once...

Recover yet from your Here I Stand marathon Saturday?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dustin Crenshaw
United States
Kentucky
flag msg tools
Thematic Colors of Gaming Blog
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just wanna say Ares Project is great. It's a RTS card game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Walker
United States
Meridian
Idaho
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, I decided to give Spectral Rails a shot. My only other pick up and deliver games are Bombay and Perry Rhodan, so I figured it's worth a try.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Ferguson
United States
Howell
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I picked up The Hobbit: Defeat of Smaug board game for my family. For $12, it looks like a great, thematic, time for my wife (huge Tolkien fan), daughter (11, and big fan), me and maybe the boys at 5 (probably not the 3 year old).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
-=::) Dante (::=-
United States
KEW GARDENS
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jwalk40 wrote:
Well, I decided to give Spectral Rails a shot. My only other pick up and deliver games are Bombay and Perry Rhodan, so I figured it's worth a try.

Give Railways of the World a try when you get the chance. More expensive than all of the above but worth every penny and one of my favorite PU&D games by far. That it scales superbly from 2-6 is a nice bonus as well.

I enjoy it's earlier incarnations as well (Age of Steam et al) but RotW is one of those very rare games with enormous strategic depth and replayability despite rules that can easily fit on a single page and be taught in 10 minutes flat.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.