Chris Hawkins
United States
Charlotte
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Attract action has this description in the rulebook:

Quote:
To perform an attract action, a player must choose a survivor he controls and spend an action die of any result to move 2 zombies from any location to any empty entrance spaces at chosen survivor’s location.

If the survivor is at the Colony, can he/she put the two zombies at two different Colony entrances, or do both zombies have to go to the same entrance?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vincent
Netherlands
Arnhem
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Good question. I don' think it would be the same location. But does it follow the normal rules (first zombie on one, second zombie on two) or can you choose?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Letourneau
Canada
St-Lambert
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The rule seems clear enough that you choose ANY space at your location. So for the Colony, it actually gives the players some flexibility to take into account what will happen in the Colony phase.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Hawkins
United States
Charlotte
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The rule does say "any empty entrance spaces."

Edit: Got ninjaed! Mike Cho finally did something other than die.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kelly Bass
United States
Venice
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hadn't thought of this until now, but it seems like you could attract zombies from one colony entrance to another.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Letourneau
Canada
St-Lambert
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
chockle wrote:
Hadn't thought of this until now, but it seems like you could attract zombies from one colony entrance to another.

Agreed. I can see this being very useful in certain circumstances.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Baker Odom
United States
Bluffton
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
chockle wrote:

I'm not so sure. The wording of the rule seems to indicate the zombie must be attracted from one location to another. The colony is one big location regardless of how many entrances it's has.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vincent
Netherlands
Arnhem
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
thebaker1983 wrote:
I'm not so sure. The wording of the rule seems to indicate the zombie must be attracted from one location to another. The colony is one big location regardless of how many entrances it's has.

You could read it like this:
Quote:
from any location even if it's the survivors location to any empty entrance spaces at chosen survivor’s location.

Bold is mine.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kelly Bass
United States
Venice
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
thebaker1983 wrote:
chockle wrote:

To me, any means any.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Letourneau
Canada
St-Lambert
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thematically, look at it as making a lot of noise at one entrance to attract the zombies there to liberate another entrance where the defences might be deteriorating. Hence the possibility to move the zombies from one entrance to another given what is coming up in the Colony phase to make sure that one entrance does not get overrun.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
oldschoolgamr
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
Are you standin' yet?
badge
Artwork: My Daughter
mbmbmbmbmb
the_vinman wrote:
thebaker1983 wrote:

You could read it like this:
Quote:
from any location even if it's the survivors location to any empty entrance spaces at chosen survivor’s location.

Bold is mine.

I agree that it can be the same location, otherwise the rule would have include "From ANY OTHER location, to the location the survivor is at, which it does not...

Comments, Jon?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marvin Diaz
msg tools
Is it possible to attract only 1 zombie?

For example, if my survivor is at a non-colony location and 3/4 entrance spaces have zombies on them, can I attract just 1 zombie to the empty space?

What if you use the attract action to call a zombie from a location that only has 1 zombie on it? Are you unable to use the action?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JonnyRotten
United States
Montpelier
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This thread missed my attention some how, sorry!

Yeah, AFAIK you can attract them to the Colony, and choose which entrance they go to.

You an also attract less than 1. I believe the rules state "Up to 2"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.