2 Posts

Space Sheep!» Forums » Variants

Subject: Solo card destribution rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Patrick Woodland
msg tools
Hello all,

This game have been on my radar for quite a while. I have just played Space Alert solo and I am wondering if the card aspect of this game can be applied to this one.

In Space Alert, when you play a solo game, you have available all the cards in your disposal. Meaning that you can play anything you want, anytime. Well, since you have a pretty similar puzzle game aspect of this game, I wonder if we can do the same thing here. For example, if we start with 4 colors and 4 cards from each color, we can take a full hand of these 16 cards.

Would it work? Would it make the game easier? If we adjust the difficulty, shall the advantage we gain finally evens out? What do you think of that?

Thank you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Buonocore
United States
BOYNTON BEACH
FL
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you had all the cards in your hand (on the table) from which to choose, it would make the game easier for sure. You would always have the color you wanted.

To make the game a bit easier (without going to a "hand of all available cards" as you mentioned), it would be better to simply add cards to the initial Draw Deck. Rather than 20 cards make it 24 cards, or 30 cards, and/or add in some Wild Cards.

Thanks,
Stephen M. Buonocore
Stronghold Games LLC

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.