Pasi Ojala
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
Get the Imperial Assault Campaign module for Vassal from http://www.vassalengine.org/wiki/Module:Star_Wars:_Imperial_Assault
badge
The next Total Solar Eclipse holiday in 2024 in USA? See you there!
mbmbmbmbmb
Which base set do you have? The Fate effects and some of the heroes of Ascension: Return of the Fallen did help me with Ascension: Deckbuilding Game, but there may be even better expansions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
reaching out from the in-between spaces...
United States
Baldwin
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Having played up to Rise of Vigil, I would say no.

Arctic Scavangers is one of the most interactive deckbuilders I have played.

Jorune
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Byron Campbell
United States
Santa Clarita
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
First off I'd say that for me, this isn't a "problem." Some people enjoy this style of play!

Second, I have Ascension and the first 3 expansions on my iPad. Some of the heroes do provide a little more interactivity. For example, there is one (I think from Return of the Fallen) that lets you draw 2 cards, but also lets other players draw a card. There are more monsters that interact with players other than just destroying constructs. For the most part, though, it feels like the same game. The main interaction comes from grabbing cards or killing monsters that the other players may have wanted.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael F
United States
Albany
OR
flag msg tools
My job is not the day shift or the night shift, it's the always shift!
badge
I will chop your head off!
mbmbmbmbmb
Star Realms is what you're looking for. It's even made by the same people who did Ascension.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jordan Booth
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
+1 Star Realms

It is essentially the same engine as Ascension, but with PvP and cards of the same faction actually work to enhance each other rather than just indicate what type of ability they have.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Ackerman
United States
Fairless Hills
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
The War Against Giygas!
badge
You cannot grasp the true form of Giygas' attack!
mbmbmbmbmb
newkillerstar27 wrote:
Star Realms is what you're looking for. It's even made by the same people who did Ascension.

I came here to say this I still like card combinations in Ascension more overall, but sometimes I'd just rather attack my friends

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rabid Schnauzer
msg tools
Yeah Star Realms is basically confrontational Ascension, so it's probably what you are asking for here.

Alternately, the above mentioned Arctic Scavengers and Puzzle Strike (Third Edition) are both even more interactive deckbuilders -- but both have notable complexity issues on top of some other quirks and do not feel at all like Ascension so they may not be what you want.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.